|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Subtrope of Dress Code. Can be a result of Hollywood Dress Code, which dictates certain female types must dress in a manner inappropriate to a school setting because of her character type (such as the slutty cheerleader must be dressed skanky or we won't know who she is). Akin to Dawson Casting, as both tropes give the impression that teenagers are much more adult than in reality. Schools like this are likely to have a Sudden School Uniform episode that snaps back to no rules afterward.
- In Scary Movie this is lampshaded for laughs. Buffy arrives at school dressed modestly in a cardigan. Once her father is gone, she changes into a Stripperific outfit and attends school that way.
- In Mean Girls the plastics get away with performing in a school pageant wearing sexy Santa outfits that are closer to lingerie than costumes.
- In Easy A, Emma Stone's character is suddenly wearing stuff bordering on bondage gear to school, and for the most part gets away with it.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer had a lot of this during the high school years. The skirts were way too short and the tops didn't cover enough.
- Degrassi was like this for most of the school and franchise's existence and at least three girls over the years have been shown changing from parent-approved clothes into something skimpier in the girls' bathroom before class.
- And Degrassi Junior High as well.
- In Bridges, Alyson shows up for her first day at school in a corset and miniskirt that would be more suitable to a night club.
- In Clone High Cleopatra wears a shirt with deep cleavage and a micromini. Also, Joan of Arc has a belly revealing shirt on.