The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes used in Ninja Blade include:
- Action Commands: The game took a critical drubbing because of its over-reliance of Quick Time Events to do anything; jumping out of windows, killing bosses, walking down a hallway, etc.
- It also has AntiFrustrationFeatures specifically for the QTEs. First, the player can adjust the difficulty of them independently of the combat difficulty. Secondly, the longer QTEs have sequences inside them, so if you fail a command, you just go back to the beginning of the current sequence.
- Arrogant Kung Fu Guy
- Badass Normal: Michael Wilson Senior
- Black Dude Dies First: afro ninja Andy is the first named character to die.
- Blade Run: Used in conjunction with a Ninja Run to trigger the finishing move on the second to last boss.
- BFS: The Stonerender Sword and Moonlight Sword
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Tons of them, but the one that tops everything is when Ken Ogawa reaches a motorcycle while in mid-air, starts it and drives it on flying buses. Watch it here.
- It could be argued that the entire game is made of this.
- Cosmetic Award: Including a clown suit.
- Coup De Grace Cutscene: Every time you deplete a boss' life meter.
- Cut and Paste Environments: Mission 7.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?
- Face Heel Turn
- Fan Disservice: Three words: tentacle monster panties
- Field of Blades: Where you fight the Final Boss.
- Fridge Logic: The game takes place in 2015, and the parasites were first encountered in 2011. If so, how could a man, who is clearly in his twenty's and has lived a relatively normal life (for a ninja) have been genetically modified with toxic blood for the express purpose of being immune to something that had yet to be discovered at that time of his birth? Not to mention the fact that apparently his father also has toxic blood, and is in his fifties at least!
- Giant Enemy Crab
- Giant Spider: The second boss Arachne.
- Goddamned Bats: Zombie bats to boot.
- Gotta Catch Them All: The Shinobi Moji.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Well, riding a Striker on live TV sure qualifies, if crushing giant spiders with a demolition ball or stopping a crashing plane only with bare hands wasn't enough.
- Katanas Are Just Better: The Ninja Blade, obviously.
- Large Ham: Any infected character that speaks takes this one Up to Eleven.
- Mythology Gag: One of the secret weapons you can unlock after finding all 8 Shinobi Moji is The Moonlight Sword, which has appeared in nearly every single From Software game since its debut in King's Field 2 (including the Armored Core games, where it was a laser blade instead of a normal sword.)
- Ninja: Duh
- Ninja Run: Duh
- Press X to Not Die: One-third of the game.
- Puppeteer Parasite: The mutants and other infectoids are all created from hookworms infesting humans.
- Rule of Cool: Riding a missile shot by a mutant-infested helicopter right back at it, leaping hundreds of stories in the air only to harmlessly land because of some improbable acrobatics, fighting giant worms the size of skyscrapers, the list goes on.
- Token Minority
- Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe
- The Tokyo Fireball: in the bad ending.
- Uncanny Valley: Most characters are, but Sakamoto...yeesh. Those eyes....
- Wall Jump
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.