|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Yet another animated series from Disney, premiering on April 17, 1997. Ned Needlemeyer is a nervous 8-year-old with several intense fears, which play themselves out in exaggerated fashions in his dreams. Each episode is basically one long Nightmare Sequence of Ned facing a different fear. The show lasted for 25 episodes.
The TV show contained examples of the following tropes
- Asshole Victim: Conrad and Verne in "Ned's Life as a Dog" and Ned in "Robot Ned".
- Anti-Villain: Sammy 7.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: "Along For the Ride" ends with Ned and his family being forced to listen to Baby's squeaky toy for all eternity.
- Chess with Death: One sequence has Ned playing checkers with the Tooth Fairy over his teeth.
- Everythings Better With Bunnies: The Easter Bunny in one episode.
- Panty Shot: In "A Doll's House", because Ned is shrunken to the size of a doll among the nightmares he has, his female, twin cousins are giants compared to him and from his point of view, he gets upskirt views of their aqua undies with light blue trimming.
- Potty Emergency: on an episode where two tall girls keep Ned as a pet and force feed him water.
- Punch Clock Villain: the rat from "Along for the Ride".
- Talking to Himself: Kath Soucie in one episode.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Conrad and Vernon, who were not named at all until one of the last episodes.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Ned and his family get this at the end of "Robot Ned", which horrifies Ned so much he explodes.