The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Now has a character sheet.
Tropes presented by both the Show and the Game
- Amazing Technicolor Population
- Art Shift
- Big No
- Black Comedy
- Defanged Horrors: The nightmares Ned comes across...for the most part.
- Demoted to Extra: Ned's family and classmates from the TV show to the game.
- Downer Ending: In the show, all the nightmares of course end this way.
- The game's bad ending in which Ned is still terrified of his nightmares.
- Face Your Fears
- George Washington: Or at least, a talking version of him on a quarter in one episode.
- After the locker stage is completed in the video game, the room turns into a diorama recreating the legend of him chopping down the cherry tree.
- Homage/ Shout-Out:
- The Willie Trout episode was a play on Pinocchio, with Geppetto himself, and Cicero as Figaro.
- The Attic, Basement, and Beyond stage in the game has a likely reference to Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds in which a flock of birds swarm in through a window and viciously peck at Ned.
- The game has the art class segment which is reminiscent to fighting games, namely Mortal Kombat and the use of its phrase, "FINISH HIM!".
- Ned's silhouette shakes hands with that of Mickey Mouse from the Real Life Disney World, along with another cartoon-ish figure.
- The environment of the Graveyard Nightmare is known for bearing a strong resemblance to the works of Tim Burton and Edward Gorey.
- Losing Your Head
- Nightmare Sequence: The entire premise.
- Primal Fear
- World of Symbolism: Every one of Ned's nightmare worlds
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.