The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character has a fetish for something that would Squick most people out.
- Straight: Bob has a zombie fetish.
- Exaggerated: Bob has a huge thing for blood and gore, zombies, and mutilation and fantasises about being eaten alive in a Zombie Apocalypse.
- Justified: Bob is a necrophile.
- Downplayed: Bob is hysterically amused by the impossible amount of blood and guts these zombies have in them.
- Inverted: Bob is squicked out by the mere mention of blood.
- Subverted: Bob appears to be fascinated by the headless corpse, but it turns out that he is a doctor doing an autopsy.
- Double Subverted: Bob got a job doing autopsies because he has a thing for dead flesh.
- Parodied: Bob is on a team of detectives that specialises in violent crime. At the beginning of every case, Bob rushes straight up to the dead body to perform... "examinations", much to the comical horror of his teammates.
- Deconstructed: Bob is unable to get a girlfriend because of his fetish.
- His resultant feelings of isolation drive him further into his fascination with the macabre. His fetish is portrayed not as funny or quirky but as a sign of a mentally disturbed mind.
- Reconstructed: ...But then he meets Alice, who accepts him despite his fetish, and may even share it.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes Bob has a zombie fetish, and sometimes he has a normal fetish.
- Averted: Bob does not have any strange or creepy fetishes.
- Enforced: "Bob is supposed to be a really creepy character... so why don't we show him getting turned on by chunks of grey and rotting flesh?"
- Lampshaded: "It seems like Bob is always more interested in examining the bodies than the rest of his team."
- Invoked: Bob's teammates always send him to perform examinations, because he is the only one that does not get squicked out.
- Defied: Bob is never shown in scenes that involve blood or the undead.
- Discussed: "Just you wait- as soon as we reach the murder scene, Bob will be in his element."
- Conversed: "Is it just me, or does Bob seem a little too interested in that headless corpse?"
- Played For Drama: Bob's fetish causes him to be seen as a sick, immoral freak by society. Bob feels ill and wrong; and tired of being treated like a pariah, slowly kills himself.
Back to Nightmare Fetishist
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.