|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The series centers on the... less-than-ethical gynecologist Dr. Ryuji Hirasaka getting employed at the prestigious St. Juliana Hospital and preceding to subjugate the eponymous Night Nurses into being his sex slaves.
Any elaboration of this would be unsafe for work. Or Mind
- Ass Shove: A nurse gets an egg stuck down her anus in Episode 4.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: Apparently if you get raped enough you sort of pick up helping rapists out as a hobby.
- Turns out to have Gone Horribly Right
- Corrupt the Cutie: More or less the plot of the series.
- Cute and Psycho: The titular nurse of Night Shift Nurses: Yu Yagami.
- Driven to Suicide: In Yuu Yagami, Yuu's teacher hangs himself. We never get an explanation and all events happen quite fast, but the most probable reason was out of guilty of torturing a young girl in being his slave.
- Dr. Jerk: Ryuji. Although to say he's a Jerkass is an complete understatement.
- Freudian Excuse: In Yuu Yagami, the title character was sexually and physically abused by her teacher, and one day she went to her lesson to only discover his hanged body, that further crushed her already abused mind and turned her into a murderer later.
- Fridge Logic - actually, hospitals do have night shifts. How come nobody hears all that screams?
- Futanari: The director of St. Cattleya in Night Shift Nurses 2 is one.
- Hospital Hottie: Well obviously.
- Hoist by His Own Petard / The Dog Bites Back - when you spend the entire series breaking cuties, one of them is bound to become unstable sooner or later
- I Need You Stronger: The C.O. wants to kill the doctor for what he did to her. But killing a pathetic washout would be no revenge. So, she gives him a task of breaking her employees, to make him the Complete Monster he used to be.
- Lighter and Softer: The spin off Night Shift Nurses: Experiment. That is, by this series' standards.
- Night Shift Nurses: Kranke, which gives Ryuji some Pet the Dog moments.
- Living Emotional Crutch:In Yuu Yagami, her teacher's death drives Yagami to become a murderer after, somewhat.
- Naughty Nurse Outfit: Again, obviously. They're practically mini dresses.
- No Ending: Yuu Yagami ends with Jiro Yotsuya in an autograph session after his novel about Yuu becomes a best-seller. A girl asks for his autograph and...is Yuu Yagami, alive and well.
- Not Quite Dead: In Yuu Yagami, the title character is revealed to be well and alive at the final scene after apparently dying in the explosion of the hospital, scaring the hell out of the male protagonist.
- Rape Is Love: Basically the entire premise of the story is that a Complete Monster rapes and tortures girls until they like it, so that they will assist him in raping more nurses.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Ryuji has one of these, almost always accompanied by a sinister smile.
- Villain Protagonist: Ryuji.
- Whole-Plot Reference: Yuu Yagami involves a writer that gets in a car accident that hurts his legs and is rescued by a very suspicious woman that seems kind at first but soon is revealed to be a hell of a Yandere. It's probably the nearest thing to an hentai version of Misery that we'll ever gonna get(until it is in public domain, maybe). Bonus points for Annie Wilkes being a former nurse. Because Yuu is apparently one too.
- You Fail Sex Ed Forever: at least some of the antics depicted should result in serious injury.