|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Eddy: "You ever uh, huffed a human soul?"
Next Time On Lonny is a Web Original comedy series that parodies the Reality Show genre. The eponymous character in the Show Within a Show Lonny is "a flavorless twenty-something... [meandering] through his hipster existence desperately trying to meet girls." But "On the Next..." Lonny, "things get interesting... very interesting."
Watch it here.
Next Time On Lonny provides examples of the following tropes:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Chet.
Chet: You know what the dog said to me the other day Lonny?
- Always a Bigger Fish: The Bardoxieds are much, much bigger than the Gorblaxians.
- Axe Crazy: Lonny's alternate personality Chet. Well, more like shovel crazy.
- Badass Boast: "I done shot a thousand cops on my block with a glock / and if that glock get hot, gangsta you gon' get got!"
- Binge Montage: Lonny and Eddy do a lot of drugs in "Lonny Goes Big Time," including cocaine, marijuana, and human souls.
- Butt Monkey: GARRETT.
- Call Back: Dog Moon reappears for a second in "Lonny Throws a Bachelor Party."
- Catch Phrase
- "You're really pretty, you know that?"
- "Oh no!"
- Crazy Prepared: Yet again, Lonny's alternate personality Chet in episode 1. "We'll inject the body with some embalming fluid and then toss it in a grave that I started digging early last week."
- Comedic Sociopathy
- Confession Cam: "Next Time, After That Time."
- Deconstructive Parody
- Disposing of a Body: "We have to bury the body... there's a landfill not too far outside of town. We'll inject the body with some embalming fluid and then toss it in a grave that I started digging early last week."
- Fantastic Drug: Played with, since the episode had already shown cocaine and marijuana use before Lonny and Eddy huff human souls.
- Foreshadowing: Lonny talks about his friend coming from his hometown, says "Chippewa Falls, my hometown, what, represent!" and flashes a gang sign. One episode later...
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The credits to Lonny change each episode, and include "Fluffer Consultant" James Cameron, "Police Supervisor" Rodney King, and a "Special Thanks" to Carlos Estevez.
- Also, Dog Moon in "Lonny Throws a Bachelor Party."
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Brian McElhaney and Nick Kocher of BriTANick make appearances, and you might know Alex Anfanger (Lonny) from a few of BriTANick's sketches.
- It Got Worse: Nearly every episode, but especially Episodes 3, 4, and 5.
- More Dakka: "My gun go off, nukka!"
- N-Word Privileges: Hilariously played straight. Gangsta Lonny is the "token" white gang banger in his crew, but he can only call his boys "nukkas."
- Negative Continuity: A major source of the show's humor.
- Oh hey look, Garrett's alive again.
- Humanity was a Slave Race for a while, but everything's cool now.
- Apparently, multiple homicides caught on camera just don't have the same legal ramifications in Lonny's world as they do in ours.
- Lonny's old friend Chet returns in "Lonny Throws a Bachelor Party," and everyone sees and interacts with him. Odd behavior for a schizophrenic hallucination, isn't it? Yes, yes it is.
- "On the Next...": Well, yeah. Also, "Next Time, After That Time."
- Please Wake Up: "Oh you're okay you're okay... you're alive you're alive... don't you die on me!"
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: "Yo Nukka! you talkin' shit about my dry pussy?
- Reckless Gun Usage: And how. In episode 6 (and its associated music video and deleted scenes), Lonny does the following:
- Refuge in Audacity: Justified, because with a few less murders and psychotic breaks Lonny would fit well between True Life and The Real World.
- Rule of Funny: Pretty much the only reason the show makes any sense.
- Start of Darkness: The producer of Lonny's record chastised him for his gangbanging lifestyle. He later commits an act of gangbanging himself after Lonny claims that he alone created the record.
- Shout-Out: And how.
- Show Within a Show: Lonny itself.
- Temporal Paradox: Lonny meets himself from the future. And then himself from further in the future. And then himself from even further in the future. It gets worse from there.
- The Aggressive Drug Dealer
Eddy: You ever... uh... huffed a human soul?
- Theme Tune Cameo: Played on Guitar by Lonny #2 in Episode 4.
- They Killed Garrett: "Oh no!"
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist
- Your Makeup Is Running: Lonny's girlfriend in Episode 3.