|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Newheimburg is a webcomic about the adventures of Jack Delitt and Mortimer Jones, in the city of Newheimburg. Both Jack and Mort are running away from serious problems in their lives, but just how long can they keep running?
Newheimburg is a drama webcomic by Dinkygollier. It has been running since Feburary 2012. It updates every Monday. The official site is at http://newheimburg.thecomicseries.com/
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Adobe Flash: The principle program the comic is made in.
- Art Imitates Art: Jack’s character design is a pretty obvious knockoff of the Moomins’ design.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: Mort likes a very loaded pizza.
- Briffits and Squeans: These visual shorthands come up a number of times throughout Newheimburg. Wafterons are used as a regular motif for Jack's emotional state. Plewds and blurgits are often used to indicate nervousness and movement as well.
- The City: The titular Newheimburg.
- Deliberately Monochrome: All of the comic is desaturated into a grey palette.
- Deuteragonist: Mort.
- Expressive Mask: Mort.
- Facebook: Newheimburg has one here.
- Fat and Skinny: Jack and Mort.
- Five-Finger Discount: Jack does this regularly.
- Gag Nose: Just about everyone that does, in fact, have a nose.
- The Insomniac: Jack has some trouble with racing thoughts when falling asleep.
- Iris Out: Used several times to convey a shift in Jack's mental stability.
- Long Neck: Carol.
- Nervous Wreck: Jack.
- Post-Stress Overeating
- Reluctant Psycho: Jack.
- Spiky Hair: Barry.
- Tough Room: Mort introduces himself to Jack with a joke, getting no response. It didn't help that his joke was unusually sexist.