|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
New School Kids is a webcomic about two elementary school friends and some of their classmates. Supposed to update Mondays and Fridays, but very frequently has Schedule Slip issues.
It stars two childhood friends, Frank and Trevor. Occasionally stars the Butt Monkey Lily, along with other children from the neighborhood.
Read it here.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Alt Text
- April Fools' Day: Both a specific comic for April Fools' Day and a prank on the rest of the comics
- Amusing Injuries
- Art Shift: Usually just for a panel at a time, but sometimes a whole comic.
- Author Avatar: Frank and Trevor are loosely based on the artist and writer, in both design and character.
- Butt Monkey: The only reason Lily is around, really.
- Calvin Ball: Trevopoly
- Christmas Special
- Clint Squint
- Conversational Troping: Often invoked in the titles or news accompanying comics.
- Cyborg: Deadbolt
- Dirty Communists
- Distaff Counterpart
- Dodgeball Is Hell
- The Faceless: Adults.
- Flipping the Table: After a bad game of "Trevopoly."
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot
- Game Boy
- Gender Blender Name: Lily.
- Gone Horribly Right: Lily's "accident."
- Gone Horribly Wrong: The potato battery experiment.
- Hilarity Ensues: The missing part of the Hijinks comic.
- In Case Of X Break Glass
- Inherently Funny Words: "Pants," for the April Fools' Day prank.
- Imagine Spot
- Jet Pack: In the Christmas Special, no less.
- Lethal Chef: Exploding Mac & Cheese. And how do you start eggshells on fire?!
- Little No: "Uno."
- Mr. Imagination: Tends to happen regarding Johnny Keyfeet and Deadbolt.
- No Name Given: The girls.
- Oddly-Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo: Johnny Keyfeet II: The Keyfeeting.
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: Subverted in the Dungeons and Dragons comic.
- Schedule Slip: Ever since the artist had a kid.
- Shout-Out: Quite a few:
- Visual Pun: The thumb war
- Younger Than They Look: Lily. It's hormonal.