The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Anvilicious: "Suicide Hotline," which was a big anvil drop on Germaine needing to stop crying over her failing career as a poet and move on with her life. Which actually isn't a bad idea.
- Author Appeal: There are frequent and numerous references to various objects/organs getting shoved up Germaine's bum. Draw your own conclusions.
- Broken Base: Fans are already divided amongst the reboot art style. Some like it, others hate it.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Several times.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The most recent episode. Foamy whines about Germaine staying in the house again, saying it "blows more balls than [she] does", to which Germaine replies "Then it must suck to be you, bitch."
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: This, thank you Foamy.
- Ear Worm: Many of the Squirrel Songs.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Foamy is the star, but everyone loves Pilz-E.
- And Begley has an even bigger following, despite not appearing in many episodes.
- Ethnic Scrappy : The Hatta.
- Fetish Fuel: Germaine has most certainly not gained weight the way a real person would. The reason for this would appear to be that a real person is not often hit with a spell of the Bigger Boobs Through Witchcraft variety.
- Squick: The "erotic chocolates" episode.
- Misaimed Fandom: The Germaine character. She is a satire of the teenage goth chick stereotype that hates men hitting on her but it is OK for her to flirt and she slowly grows more and more sexual as the series went on while being in denial about it. The fans saw this as "Germaine should be more naked", to which the author responded with making Germaine bald and fat. Fans then either complained about it or liked her even more for being fat, completely missing the point that Germaine is supposed to be a parody of girls that are being hypocritical on their sexuality.
- Straw Man Has a Point: Not that her life doesn't suck, but Mammed's right. Get a normal job, Germaine.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: This is often the opinion held by the horny guys who prefer Germaine's old look.
- Unfortunate Implications: In 2006, a movie entitled "iLLegal Immigrant Special" was uploaded to Newgrounds, and featured Foamy ranting about illegal immigrants and labeling some of them as 'burrito munchers'. It caused a storm of controversy on the site, and it was almost awarded Turd of the Week (given to the lowest rated Flash of the week) before illwillpress deleted it. The episode is on one of the DVDs.
- Later, he seems to have tried to make up for it in the episode 'Mexico es muy Buen,' where he says he still doesn't agree with illegal immigration but says he still loves the race as a whole (and the concept of siestas and pinitas. He loves the idea of beating the shit out of something and getting candy for it.) He goes on to point out that when he made the video, people took it as him saying he hates all Mexicans, which he says is not true.
- Child Proof Caps, where Pilz-E objected to being called a retard for his mental disorder, only for Germaine to go on a rant about Political Correctness.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.