|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
If it's directed at the network itself, it's Biting the Hand Humor.
- Episode 28 of Monty Python's Flying Circus ends with everyone being hustled off the set to make way for Horse of the Year Show.
- There's an episode of The Goodies where Graeme switches on the TV and sees the Monty Python's Flying Circus opening titles, then immediately switches off because he's missed the programme he wanted to see.
- In the Reno 911! episode "The Junior Brothers", Junior's response to learning that his father has died as his brothers leave is to change the TV to South Park, as evidenced by "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!" coming from the TV set.
- After South Park aired their episode "Cartoon Wars, Part I" in which they issued a Take That at Family Guy, they were contacted by the writing staff of the other Fox animated comedies saying that they disliked Family Guy as well, leading to the Lawyer-Friendly Cameo with Bart Simpson joining Cartman in his quest to take Family Guy off the air in Part II.
- Bones: intern Colin Fisher gets fed up and outs himself as a Sci Fi Geek:
- On HBO's The Wire, when Cutty is hospitalized, his roommate is shown watching HBO'sDeadwood on his bed monitor.
Roommate: "Ha ha ha, he called him 'cocksucker'!"
Cutty: (muttering) "Damn dense..."
"The monsters of every child's nightmare, they're all real. Except Vampires. Complete and total fiction."