The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: If you have "geeky" interests and talents, you are too socially-inept to get laid.
- Played Straight: Seamus O'Taku loves anime, manga, comic books, Star Trek, and video games, but has never slept with a girl. (Or a guy, for that matter.)
- Exaggerated: Seamus O'Taku is well into his 40's and is still a virgin. He may also be a Basement Dweller.
- Downplayed: He is only in his teenage years, and he does get along with girls well.
- Justified: Seamus O'Taku is saving himself for the right girl, preferably one who shares his geeky interests, or wants to stay abstinent/celibate.
- Inverted: Seamus O'Taku is extremely sexually active despite his nerdy hobbies and social awkwardness.
- Nerds Are Sexy
- Robert McMuscles plays - and is very good at - pretty much every sport known to man, and couldn't get a girl to save his life.
- Subverted: Seamus O'Taku loves anime, manga, comic books, Star Trek, and video games. But he also has a girlfriend or wife that he loves, and, yes, sleeps with.
- Double Subverted: When he isn't too busy fantasizing about all those Moe Moe anime girls. He is way more attracted to the Moe Moe Bishoujo than he is to his real-life flesh-and-blood girlfriend or wife.
- Parodied: Seamus O'Taku is a Basement Dweller with Mommy Issues.
- Deconstructed: Seamus O'Taku has no interests that others (save for fellow nerds) can relate to, and feels alienated by the others (and they, likewise, feel alienated by him.) He then fixates on the geeky pursuits that give him comfort, resulting in further alienation and further comfort-seeking.
- Reconstructed: Seamus O'Taku still likes his anime, manga, video games, comic books, Star Trek etc. But develops other interests, and becomes a more well-rounded person. He also develops better social skills as he comes out of his shell. Eventually he meets a girl that he likes, and they have a happy, healthy relationship. (And, yes, sex.)
- Alternatively: It turns out that Seamus' lack of sexual life isn't a consequence of his geeky-interests, but a life-style decision. He might be waiting for the right moment and / or person, or he might be not interested in it at all; however this situation doesn't have a negative impact at all on him, as he uses all the extra energy, time and resources he would spend "trying to get some" to do things more fulfilling for his interests.
- Zig Zagged: Seamus O'Taku participates in discussions about girls, but would rather ogle Moe Bishoujo at home.
- Averted: Seamus has no "geeky" interests whatsoever and is a Jerk Jock.
- Enforced: "How about a story of the love life of a nerdy guy?" "What love life?"
- Lampshaded: "Looks like another lonely night in playing Halo!"
- Invoked: Seamus O'Taku acts this way to drive off girls who wouldn't accept his interests and would bore him.
- Seamus O'Taku is either gay, a victim of sexual abuse, or both, and he uses this to cover up his homosexuality or avoid being in any situation that reminds him of his abuse.
- Exploited: An evil cult needs to perform several virgin sacrifices as part of an ancient ritual to gain great power; so they start abducting lots of nerds in order to get a steady supply of virgins.
- Defied: Seamus O'Taku keeps himself interesting and sexy, even in spite of his "geeky" interests. He practices good social skills, and gets plenty of action regularly.
- Discussed: "Poor Seamus. He'll never get a girlfriend like that!"
- Conversed: "It's so hard to get any if you like anime!"
- Played For Laughs: Have I Mentioned I Am Sexually Active Today?
- Seamus O'Taku becomes so desperate for female attention that he becomes a Casanova Wannabe. Hilarity ensues.
- Played For Drama: See "Enforced" and "Reconstructed"
Back To The Basement Full of Nerdy Virgins
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.