|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Produced in 1993 by Sunrise and funded by Tomy as the final part of the Eldoran Trilogy, Nekketsu Saikyo Gosaurer ("Hotblooded Strongest Go-Saurer") starts off like the other parts of the series: A group of elementary school children are selected by the Warrior of Light and Guardian of Earth, Eldoran, to protect Earth from the advances of the Kikaika Empire (or, "Machine Empire"), who seek to mechanize Earth as they have already done the same to the majority of the Solar System. Eldoran does his SOP of selecting an entire classroom of these children and giving them the power of the legendary Dinosaurs in Humongous Mecha form; only this time, he puts the whole class in the robots and given their distinct roles in battle.....and the adults are again pushed to the sidelines and forced to watch as the kids make mincemeat out of The Empire's different bosses and their various assortment of kikaiju. But it's not easy, as after all, they are sixth-graders that are on the doorsteps of adolescence; and coming-of-age related problems are going to arise and add to their already burdensome task of defending the Earth.
What ensues is not only a very Hot-Blooded Super Robot show, with interesting transformation sequences and brilliant mechanical designs; but a heartwarming coming of age story, with the familiar instances of Lampshade Hanging thrown in for good measure.
- Academy of Adventure: The School itself transforms into the dinobots. Rule of Cool in its maxed-out state it is.
- Adults Are Useless: Played astonishingly straight than its predecessor, Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh; as most of the adults here are not much concerned about the children as they are about themselves, some of them even edging into Neidermeyer territory.
- By the Power of Grayskull
- Calling Your Attacks
- Combining Mecha
- Expy: King Gosaurer's "Armored" form, which uses the rest of the school as an armor for King Gosaurer, resembles the GP-01 Gundam Zephyranthes Full Vernian.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Hiromi's seiyuu is perhaps the most prolific and well known in the voice-acting industry.
- Hot-Blooded: The majority of the class. Suprisingly, the Nerd Youjiin, and the "calmer" children can be more hot-blooded than the Kid Hero Kenichi to some degree. That being said, these kids could make Ryouma shed Manly Tears of pride.
- Humongous Mecha
- Jumped At the Call: Suprisingly, in an early episode, all of the kids in the class agree unanimously on this; including a Nice Job Breaking It, Hero moment for good measure.
- Monster of the Week: In the style of its predecessor, takes on several hilarious yet awesome forms, such as the Flashlight Kikaiju. I bet Dr. Hell wished he had thought of that.
- Shout-Out: This series seems to be a love letter to Super Sentai; not only in style, but it bares similarities to Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, which aired at around the same time.
- Super Robot Wars (Showed up in Super Robot Wars NEO)
- Transformation Sequence: See Academy of Adventure and Crowning Moment of Awesome.