|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- The Giant Warrior in the movie. It gets worse when it begins rotting away and the flesh literally pours off and exposes the bones and skull. To top it off, it shoots once, creating something resembling a nuclear bomb going off.
- And do you know who animated that scene? Hideaki Anno. Best known for Neon Genesis Evangelion, which has its very own Nightmare Fuel page.
- Not to forget that the Warrior is radioactive, and every minute you spend with him gets you nearer to death.
- The whole "seeing dead people going into the light while a childish voice sings a disturbing song" is rather unnerving.
- Seeing the young Ohmu used as bait is both Nightmare Fuel and a Tear Jerker at the same time.
- The Ohmu, period. Despite the appearance of a baby version of them in the end, colossal insect monsters with multiple red eyes mindlessly charging and killing themselves in suicide attacks on cities aren't exactly soothing.
- Nausicaa's dream in which she remembered trying to keep an Ohm as a pet, having it taken away and pleading for it not to be killed was both this and tear jerkingly sad.
- When Nausicaa and Asbel discover the eradicated city of Pejite, with thousands of dead insects everywhere alongside the occasional human body, and a few dead Ohmu stranded in the city.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.