|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
The naughty cousin of Footsie Under the Table, this trope features a character touched/groped/grabbed under a table or some other kind of cover. Traditionally, this is at a dinner table, but it doesn't have to be. Anyone else present doesn't know what's happening, but will probably react with confusion to the unusual expression/behavior of the victim. Differs from Footsie Under the Table in that, though a foot can be used to instigate, the target is not the victim's foot. It's the thigh. Or an even... more intimate target. Of course, Footsie Under the Table can lead to Naughty Under the Table.
The victim of the squeezing/groping, by reason of modesty, disinterest in the instigator, or simply an attachment to normal rules of propriety, will NOT desire this (at least, "not NOW")... or at the very least, would not want the other people to know what's happening.
Comes in two basic varieties: The PG-version will probably be a quick grab (probably the thigh) that causes the victim to jump up and/or react vocally, or kick the instigator. The R-version will continue longer, possibly all the way to orgasm.
No Real Life examples, please.
- This happens quite a lot in Maka Maka (which is a porn manga, so take a wild guess which variety it uses). Though strictly speaking it's only under a table once.
- Performed in Tart, an erotic comic book, by the eponymous character and an ex-boyfriend. Goes the whole range from groping to oral sex to vaginal sex to him throwing off the table and revealing them to the whole restaurant in twisted exhibitionism.
- At the beginning of the third American Pie movie, Michelle tries this with Jim.
- In Coming to America, Eddie Murphy's character is groped under his jacket by the sister of his love-interest...in a stadium during a basketball game.
- Wedding Crashers: Vince Vaughn's character is groped...er..."all the way" by his stalker with a crush, played by Isla Fisher.
- Police Academy: A hooker hiding inside a podium unzips and gropes first Lassard, and later Mahoney.
- In the comedy film Going The Distance, a farmer's daughter crawls under the dinner table and goes down on one of the male guests, and then on one of the female guests.
- Weekend at Bernies: In a restaurant, Bernie's girlfriend goes from Footsie Under the Table to Naughty Under the Table while her mobster boyfriend's there.
- In Back to The Future, Marty's future mother squeezes his thigh under the table, causing him to jump up from the table and RUN out the door.
- Jennifer Beals does this to Michael Nouri in Flashdance.
- Madame de Blayac does this to the Marquis de Malavoy by rubbing his groin with her foot in Ridicule, mostly to distract him at a dinner party so that he can't concentrate enough to be witty. Since the key to success at court is wit, this is actually a big deal.
- In Atlanta Nights, Steven Suffern does the R-rated version to... some guy, who then has a heart attack.
- In the remake of Battlestar Galactica, Ellen Tigh, in one of her first appearances, does this quite blatantly under the table. Bonus points because the man she did it to was the commander's son. Extra credit: it was in front of her husband. Ultra points: Lee [the commander's son] didn't want it at all and was publicly disgusted. High Score: She managed to get him in trouble for it, while she got away scot-free.
- Happens in an episode of Breaking Bad when Walt tries to grope his wife under a table. During a PTA meeting. This is thoroughly Justified. You see, he'd just gone into the meth business, and he wanted to sample his product... (The scene ends with Walt and Skyler ditching the meeting and having sex in their car.)
- Californication: Dinner Table version. In a first-season episode, Hank's date squeezes his thigh. Seated on his other side, Mia goes right for his crotch.
- In Charmed 6x04 "The Power of Three Blondes", Phoebe's imposter gives her boyfriend outright fellatio underneath the table in a restaurant full of people.
- "The Bare Facts", an episode of Simon and Simon, where the brothers were undercover at a nudist colony, had a woman who instigated the naughty with her foot, directed first at AJ, and later at Rick, who jumped back, knocking a waiter into a pool.
- An episode of Three's Company had Jack, Lana and Mr. Furley having dinner together. Though Furley considered it HIS date with Lana, she was interested in Jack and grabbed him under the table, causing him to exclaim "Hway!" and jump to his feet.
- In a season one episode of Dexter, Deb and her date are making out across the table, which causes Rita to feel insecure about the lack of sex in her and Dexter's relationship. She responds by putting a hand on his thigh under the table, but he merely looks uncomfortable and tries to ignore her.
- Suggested in the Alanis Morissette song "You Oughtta Know". Of course, we don't see the "victim" reacting to her behavior in the theater, but it IS a public place.
- In the first episode of Typical Strange, a psychic does this to TK with her foot.
- Implied in Funny Farm the webcomic, between Flink and Tanya Rubbthys when she "goes for the breadsticks".
- In an episode of The Venture Brothers, Bud Manstrong's mother tries to grope Brock under the table. He is not amused.
- Season four of South Park has an episode where Saddam Hussein strokes Satan's thigh under the table.