|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
nataliedee is a Stick Figure Comic by Natalie Dee. Originally appearing in late 2002, it became a gag-a-week comic in 2003 and then gag-a-day in 2005. It is generally plotless, and tends to rely on more everyday humour and numerous references to her personal life. There's also a fair amount of poop and satire and nonsensicalness, the last being a little more common.
Characters tend to remain nameless, though there are some that reappear: Natalie, her two dogs Charles and Chester, and a man who is presumably her husband.
The style is simple, bold-lined characters with round pale faces and stick-thin appendages. Colors tend to be textured, while backgrounds are rarely used. Despite this relative simplicity, a surprising amount of detail put into the work.
Due to the large amount of comics, late-comers will be subject to a long (though amusing) Archive Binge.
Tropes used by this webcomic:
- Alt Text - All the comics can provide additional amusement if you read the file names
- Cloudcuckoolander - Natalie herself.
- Expy - Presumably many of the characters seen
- Gratuitous Russian
- Gratuitous Spanish - There's an annual Spanish Week
- Nightmare Fuel
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant - Sometimes, the relevant character looks a bit too happy given the circumstances...
- Stick Figure Comic
- The Black Plague - mentioned