|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Naruto shipping fanfic, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Recommended by User:Nitramy, User:Ack Sed, User:Arcane Azmadi
- Pairings: Shikamaru x Temari
- Synopsis: Nara Shikamaru, you will take Temari to be your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, for better or worse, until the chauvinist pig chasing her is satisfied this isn't a trick. You may now scream in terror.
- Recommended by User:Alrune
- Pairing: Shikamaru x Temari
- Synopsis: How much can you do for someone? Especially for someone you're not even in love with? Oneshot. Rather ancient but hasn't lost an inch of its quality in 6 years.
Duty Before Honor by SilverShine
- Recommended: by adelz2
- Synopsis: Sakura knew why Tsunade didn't want a virgin on this mission. Things might get out of hand. Acts might be carried out too far. She was glad Kakashi was accompanying her, but right then she wouldn't have minded the entire population of Konoha.
- Pairing: Kaka/Saku
- Tags: NSFW
The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn by QuartzApple
- Recommended by: Kittykittyface230
- Pairing(s): KakaIru, with a side of NaruSasu.
- Synopsis: Iruka is a 20-something with a Plan: get a good job, get married, get a house, have kids. What he didn't expect is for the plan to be ruined by an enigmatic new colleague who Iruka just can't seem to forget. Ongoing, but updated regularly. Set in a sort-of high-school AU, revolving around teachers rather than students.
- Tags: Lemon and Lime, a couple of times, although the author always posts a warning before them.
Teamwork by Asukasama
- Recommended by: Athena1337
- Synopsis: Set in a diverging timeline where Naruto brought Sasuke back from the Valley of the End - Sasuke is eighteen, Sakura and Naruto seventeen. They're still teammates and a strange kind of friends, though nothing more; Naruto still in love with Sakura, Sakura still in love with Sasuke, Sasuke still trying not to feel too much for either of them, and then due to Kyuubi's influence, here they are, the three of them in bed.
- Pairing(s): Naru/Sasu/Saku. Tons of other characters are seen in here - mostly canon, with a few originals worked in during... well, that would be telling, now wouldn't it?
- Tags: Lemon, once or twice, but there's a heads' up before any of that. Some violence, of course; this is Naruto we're talking about.
Truth Unfolds in Wave by Mr.mclane
- Pairing: Naru/Saku
- Recommended by Very Melon
- Synopsis: Six months before Naruto's return to Konoha, He is placed on a team of familiar faces who is being sent to Wave. Naruto wasn't expecting this mission to escalate to a life changing experience nobody would ever forget. Completed.
- Recommended by: Soulseller
- Pairings: Hashirama/Madara, Hashirama/Mito
- Synopsis: Hashirama put his highest hopes, dreams, and delusions into Konoha's creation. One was that, maybe, Madara didn't really hate him. Another was that, maybe, he didn't really love Madara. From Konoha's birth to the First Hokage's death. Onesided Hashi Mada.
- Notes: Onesided means exactly that. And this is not a het fic.
- Pairings: Shikamaru/Temari
- Synopsis: Shikamaru has a mission to Suna, which must be completed before Tsunade's death. But there's more in store for him than a six-day round-trip and a paycheck.
- Notes: Terminated. Author is now trying to get published as a mangaka. I personally love PSI Teleports works - but none of them are remotely as awesome as this one.
- Pairings: Sakura/Deidara
- Synopsis: Naruto had been bragging all day that his new jutsu was his best yet. Sakura and her new situation beg to differ. Post timeskip. Dei Saku.
- Notes: It's a pretty interesting premise, even if it isn't completely original The romance isn't too fast or slow, but progresses rather naturally; nor are the characters ridiculously OOC. Complete.
- Pairings: Sasori/Deidara (Main), Sasuke/Naruto, Itachi/Kisame.
- Recommended by: Legendia Advocate
- Synopsis: -AU shonen ai- -Saso/Dei, Kisa Ita- Dumped in a mental institute, Sasori is befriended by a pyromaniac by the name of Deidara. With the help of Deidara, Sasori struggles to face the past he is so desperately trying to forget.
- Notes: Likely to not be continued. Currently ten chapters. Always in first person point of view with very few exceptions.
- Recommended by: Legendia Advocate
- Pairings: Gaara/Naruto (Main), Itachi/Sasuke, Zabuza/Haku, one-sided Deidara/Gaara, implied Sasori/Deidara.
- Synopsis: Naruto wanted to know where his friends went every Friday night. When he's taken to Club Secret his question is answered and he becomes hopelessly entangled in the ancient battle between Vampires and Hunters. Gaa Naru, Zabu Haku, Ita Sasu.
- Notes: Updates slowly, but the chapters are generally about five thousand words per chapter when it does update.
- Recommended by: Dellanotte
- Pairings: Neji/Tenten
- Synopsis: "The craziest things people do for love start at age seventeen." For instance, Tenten confides to Lee that she likes Neji. Naturally, Hilarity Ensues. Two-shot.