|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A moment that's supposed to be not funny turns out funny.
- Straight: Edmund murders Bob with a revolver. However, Bob dies with one of the inappropriately used Stock Screams, making it funny.
- Exaggerated: Bob leads his army into battle. However, his ridiculous Battle Cry of "WAAAIGAYYYAYUUUYAAAH", accompanied with his bulging eyes and facial expression during that make it hilarious.
- Justified: Bob's whole existence revolves around being funny, so that even when a serious moment comes up, the best he can do is sound like a Stock Scream.
- Inverted: Dude, Not Funny
- Bob makes a funny joke about his social skills, but due to his character and events based on him, the moment unintentionally turns out to be sad instead.
- Subverted: Narm Charm
- Double Subverted: What was Narm Charm at first, has become Hilarious in Hindsight.
- Parodied: Stylistic Suck
- Deconstructed: Bob wants to be taken seriously, but the harder he tries, the more he gets laughed at. This makes him hateful and distrustful of everyone around him.
- Reconstructed: Bob realizes that even though he's not getting the reaction he was looking for, the Narm Charm still makes his performance enjoyable for the audience.
- Zig Zagged: Bob's murder turns out to be extremely narmy, but Alice's death is extremely tragic.
- Averted: A dramatic moment succeeds in being, well, dramatic.
- Enforced: Executive Meddling demands that the scene be softened as they think it's "too scary" and it goes too far.
- Lampshaded: "Stop that laughing, I'm being serious!"
- Invoked: "I think they're taking this too seriously, so I'm going to join in as ridiculously as possible."
- Defied: "I'm not going to be funny at all here. Nope, gonna avoid all silliness. This is going to sound serious, because I am serious."
- Discussed: "If he'd be more over-the top when saying that, it would actually be rather funny"
- Conversed: "That was supposed to be dramatic? HA!"
- Intended: When Bob gets shot and dies, he makes a funny face, turning this would-have-been tragic moment into a funny one. Word of God confirms that it was intended to come off as funny.
BAAAAACK.... TO......... NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.