|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
...life isn't very fair, is it?
After having spent her life being raised in a lab, Nana suddenly found herself living on the streets with no money, no food, no friends. Compounded by the fact that she had recently lost her limbs in an assassination attempt gone wrong, this proved to be a very trying experience for our young heroine. Yet her troubles were just about to begin...
A fan-comic based of of the Anime/Manga series Elfen Lied, Nana's Everyday Life branches off in a completely different direction from its source material, featuring several cast members from other series, as well as a few original characters.
It will make you cry.
This comic provides examples of:
- Alternate Continuity: Starting off as a parody of Elfen Lied, the comic soon branches into its own take on Nana and her unyieldingly terrible life.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: For art dissonance to the point of Grotesque Cute.
- Black Comedy: About the comedy part...
- Black Comedy Rape: Subverted. You Bastard.
- Butt Monkey: Nana, of course. Nothing goes right for her in the story.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Goes from having fun making her life hell (Pedobear gets a surprising early cameo) to just making her life hell, and then to making her life so horrible that just thinking about it makes the reader tear up...
- Character Exaggeration
- The Chew Toy: Why yes...
- Crapsack World: The entire universe has it out for Nana.
- Crossover: Freely blending characters from several continuities along with new characters.
- Demolish The Cutie: Starting with reducing Nana to a quadruple amputee and getting worse from there.
- Died Happily Ever After: Nana, who spontaneously resurrects a dead kitten and makes the dank alley she dies in sprout beautiful flowers.
- Downer Ending: In classic Victorian literature form.
- Ending Trope: The Hero Dies
- Hope Spot: Just long enough to make the inevitable return that much more painful.
- Grotesque Cute: That cute picture up there? That's the style the comic is drawn in. These tropes? They are not cutesy.
- Humans Are Bastards: With the exception of
Nana, Marcelo, and Minami.
- It Got Worse: To the point of being hilarious... or, y'know, tragic, I guess.
- Mama Bear: MAMA PUNCH!
- The Runaway: Mayu.
- Sadist Show: Played up to 11.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Kurama.
- Serial Escalation: What horrible things will happen to Nana today?
- Seven Is Nana: The protagonist.
- Smoking Hot Sex: Featuring Nana and whoever raped her most recently.
- Snap Back: Everything except hideously painful mutilation.
- Status Quo Is God: The only universal constant is that Nana is in constant agony.
- Tear Jerker: You have no idea.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Wee Nana didn't ask for all this!
- They Killed Kenny Again: Quite a few earlier comics involve Nana getting killed, only to return in the next comic. And likely get killed again.
- You Bastard: "IS THIS COMEDY?"
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Inherited from the source material.