The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Hey, It's That Guy!: James, Kennedy, and Lange were all well-established hosts before taking on Tune. Richard Hayes had previously hosted ABC's Baby Game in 1968, and Kathie Lee Johnson (the singer from 1977-78) later became famous under her future last name of "Gifford" on Live with Regis and Kathie Lee.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Johnny Olson is probably best known for his work on The Price Is Right.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The main thing keeping Tune out of modern-day cable repeats is music clearances, as the show used many famous compositions that are not in the public domain.
- The 1950s version is pretty much gone for good, aside from two Cullen episodes and a DeWitt highlight special.
- The Hayes version may or may not be intact, as it only aired in a few markets for 26 weeks.
- Both 1970s NBC versions are believed to have been destroyed, although a James clip was used in this 1974 promo (which also has rare clips of High Rollers, Jeopardy!, Jackpot!, Celebrity Sweepstakes, and the surviving episode of Winning Streak) and another was used in a 1988 game show special of Fox's The Late Show. One '77 episode is known to exist, and a full James episode from December 26, 1974 was discovered in February 2010.
- The 1974-81 syndicated version is intact, but only about 10 episodes circulate. Luckily, at least one of these (February 23, 1978) has a $100,000 win.
- The Jim Lange version is intact, and was rerun on USA Network from 1989 to 1991 and the Family Channel from 1993 to 1996.
- Old Shame: Possibly the gag reel.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.