|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Film watched: Touch of Satan
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation has examples of:
- Amazing Freaking Grace: "Public domain, we don't have to pay anyone! Hahahaha!"
Crow: You can't use Amazing Grace in a devil movie!
Jody: Who are you?
Mike: My name is Margret Rawhide Chew.
- Brick Joke: Near the beginning, when Jodie first goes to the pond where he meets Melissa, Crow says "Now the credits are going to unspool backwards, right?" Guess what happens in the movie's end credits?
- Downer Ending: In the film.
Tom: So in the end, Satan wins, I guess?
Mike: Yep, pretty much a shut-out for Satan.
- Dumb Blonde: Steffi, who somehow fails to notice anything unusual about a talking gorilla and an "omnipotent" alien who carries his own brain around in a bowl. On the other hand, she's very good at browbeating them into submission.
- Malaproper: Referenced in the film.
Servo: Is that right? Maybe I should check my dictionotomy.
Servo: Emby Mellay? That's not a name, it's a bad Scrabble hand.
- Product Placement: In the film.
Crow: Why do I suddenly feel hungry for Carnation Ice Cream?
- Refuge in Audacity: Making fun of the elderly is taken to the same extent in this episode as mocking Joe Don Baker for being fat is in Final Justice.
- Remember the New Guy?: Servo's killer Grandma.
- Running Gag: Jokes about Walnuts, pauses and Jodie's Maverick. And rednecks.
- Shout-Out: When Lucinda kills the police officer, there's a joke about calling Harvey Keitel in to "fix" things.
- When Melissa talks Jodie into staying at the farm after aforementioned murder:
Melissa: Then stay. Just one more day.
Mike: Oh, you mean STAY!!!
- Take That: When Melissa's grandma-sister Lucinda sits in front of her mirror, an annoyed Crow complains that now "a withered old Billy Zane is going to come out and give her a withered old Coeur De La Mer".
- Temporary Substitute: Steffi the babysitter.