The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation of King Dinosaur has examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: Dr. Forrester gets pancaked by an elevator.
- Call Back / Anything But That: Upon seeing the opening credit "Lippert Productions", Joel and the Bots dredge up memories of other Lippert films they've been forced to watch.
- Rousing Speech: Crow delivers one to the audience (and himself) after being inspired by the short. Subverted at the end, though.
- The Scrappy: In-Universe example with Joel's puppet, "Joey The Lemur". Crow and Servo quickly get fed up with Joel's over-the-top obnoxious puppeteering. Fortunately, they don't take their frustrations out on the honey bear which appears in the actual film.
- It also became one out of universe, to the point where the show itself spoofed it in Last of the Wild Horses. It doesn't help that Joel blows his lines several times; apparently this was the best take they got and everyone just wanted to move on.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: During the climax, the bots note that the musical score seems to be mocking the on-screen action (what with the muted trumpets going "Wah Waaaahhhhh" and all).
- What the Hell, Hero?: Every time Dick pushes one of the girls down -- which happens disturbingly often.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation of X Marks the Spot has examples of:
- Jury Duty: When the judge calls for the viewers to judge Joe, Joel quips "We're stranded in space and we still have to pull jury duty."
- Sarcasm Mode:
Joe: I never hit-and-run!
Joel: Well, that changes everything!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.