|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
My Uncle Oswald is a satire soft porn novel written by Roald Dahl in 1979. The first part of the book took part in 1912 and the second part in The Roaring Twenties. The first part of the book is about Oswald's search for an aphrodisiac, and the second part his scheme to capture the genomes of every celebrity with the help of Arthur Woresley, a biology professor and Yasmin Howcomely, The Vamp.
This book features the following examples:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Woresley used his own sperms when testing his freezer system, with which Oswald sympathizes deeply.
- Black Comedy Rape: Really!
- Casanova: Oswald - his nephew says Casanova is a monk in comparison.
- Femme Fatale: Yasmin.
- Fictional Document: It's framed as the Diary of Oswald, left to his nephew and only seeing the light of day now because its contents were too explosive, etc.
- Freud Was Right: Deconstructed in the most hilarious way.
‘Ja ja,’ he said, writing all this down on my record sheet. ‘It may interest you to know, fräulein, that the carrot and the cucumber are both very powerful sexuality symbols. They represent the masculine phallic member. And you are vishing either to chop it up or to pickle it!’
- Note that the person speaking is Freud himself.
- Historical Domain Character: Loads of them.
- Raging Stiffie: What happens 9 minutes after the victim swallows the beetle powder.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Yasmin has to dress up as a man to get the donation from Proust.
- The Roaring Twenties: The second half the book happens in this period.
- The Gump: Oswald's crew, who(almost) scandalized every male celebrity and crowned head in Europe and collected their sperms.
- The Vamp: Yasmin, used this way by Oswald.