|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Broken Base: 4-Chan and some Bronies somehow considered it as the worst generation ever done by Hasbro due to the pink undertones, bland characters and also the introduction of the Core 7 and the Newborn Cuties. On the other hand, it's fans laud it for continuing to be light and soft, and for carrying on the tradition of My Little Pony Tales' slice of life format.
- Ear Worm: The theme song for the Core 7 series.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Minty was left out of the Core 7 in G3.5, but the fandom rejoiced when she was brought back in the G4 toys and some are hoping she makes an appearance in My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: Pinkie Pie's Ferris Wheel Adventure, which is about Pinkie Pie giving her friends a ride in a ferris wheel with gondolas stylized as cupcakes, doesn't look so cute after a certain fanfic which makes the idea of Pinkie putting her friends in cupcakes way more disturbing.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: See here.
- Les Yay: There are no male Ponies to get in the way of any Romantic Two-Girl Friendship moments, and the girls are very close this generation.
- Narm Charm: Certain specials like A Charming Birthday, The Runaway Rainbow, and A Very Minty Christmas. Cheesy but quite cute.
- Nightmare Fuel: See Uncanny Valley below.
- The Runaway Rainbow has the ponies in danger of going down a waterfall.
- The stuffy, restricted lifestyle princesses had--and the implication that before Wysteria, all princesses lived like that--likely put a damper on young girls who wanted to be princesses. Wysteria wasn't even allowed to sniff flowers.
- So Bad It's Good: Generation 3 is widely considered bad, no doubt about it. But it has a certain kitsch charm, complete with gloriously nonsensical logic ("We couldn't make you a regular-sized charm bracelet, because we kept making our charms too big. So we made you a giant sized one! And then we made you a regular-sized one!"), random dancing to electro-guitar versions of the theme song, and some genuinely amusing moments when it acknowledges how incredibly ditzy and incompetent its lead characters are. For instance, watching Skywishes search for the manual to a hot air balloon so she can find out how to lower the landing gear. Of a hot air balloon.
- Uncanny Valley: Good lord, The Newborn Cuties. Are they human? Pony? Mutant? In any case, once you've laid eyes on them, you will have trouble sleeping at night.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Even fans who defend the rest of the franchise from this accusation won't defend G3.
- As Andrea Libman puts it; "No jokes, just sweet, sweet, sweet."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.