|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A version of the game featuring the Mane 6 will be released in the near future, and other characters will then be added through updates. The final version of the game will feature 17 characters.
There is a forum discussion about it here.
See also My Little Investigations. Another major MLP fan game.
Anything that has not been officially confirmed goes on the Wild Mass Guessing page.
My Little Pony Fighting Is Magic contains examples of:
- Action Fashionista: Rarity, who even uses her accessories as weapons.
- Adaptational Badass: All of the mane 6 in this compared to the show. To clarify, while they are quite Badass in the show, they're moreso here.
- Ascended Meme: Bionic Farm became a minor meme since Applejack's VA for this game said it for teh lulz at the end of her audition piece. That said, it's now one of the things she says in-game when using her headbutt super.
- Badass Normal: AJ compared to the rest of the initial roster (even Pinkie, considering that they put Pinkie's Fanon Medium Awareness in as teleport moves).
- The Beast Master: If the teaser pic for Fluttershy is to be believed, her fighting moves may entirely rely on her animal friends while she herself will never actually fight.
- A member of the Mane Six stated on the official Ponychan thread that this was not the case. Fluttershy is not so heartless as to allow her animal friends to put themselves at risk for her, at least without her facing even greater risk.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Well, it IS a fighting game featuring the cast of My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic
- Dynamic Entry: Bionic Farm, Applejack's level 1 (and currently only) super, is this.
- Edible Ammunition: Pinkie Pie's level 1 super has her jump up and fling a barrage of cupcakes, followed by a pie, at her opponent.
- Fighting Clown: Pinkie Pie's attacks seen so far include waving a giant foam finger, inflating her body, licking her opponent and raining cupcakes on her opponent for her super attack.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Twilight Sparkle has this attack. The gems Rarity summons also serve as this for her.
- Lady of War: Rarity. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna too if they are part of the final 17-character cast.
- Lethal Joke Character: On a stream posted February 21, Fluttershy was shown briefly. Though she's obviously far from complete and has only one move, that move is the Stare.
- Leitmotif: Each of the characters who have stage music thus far have music inspired by songs from the show.
- Applejack's battle theme, or rather the theme of Sweet Apple Acres, has hints of "Winter Wrap-Up" in it.
- The theme of Twilight's library contain bits of "At the Gala," as well as a short section from the show's main theme.
- Rarity's stage theme has a tiny bit of the song "Art of the Dress".
- Pinkie Pie's theme includes a piece of "Giggle at the Ghostly".
- Lightning Bruiser: Applejack is shaping up to be this.
- Macross Mineral Massacre: Rarity's only super (so far) is firing a hyper-rapid volley of gems upwards from the ground at her opponent.
- Magic Knight: Twilight.
- Mana Meter: Each character has a magic meter that fills up when certain conditions are met. Magic is used to enhance certain attacks.
- Perfect Play AI: The current version of CPU-controlled Twilight, according to the devs.
- Running Gag: When talking about what types of controllers can be used for the game during the second live-stream, using a DDR pad to play is jokingly brought up. The Mane6 then proceed to joke about people actually USING it, asking anyone who does to post it on YouTube.
- Scenery Porn: This blog post shows that the backgrounds will be insanely detailed and react to attacks.
- Shout-Out: One of the voice clips played when Applejack uses her lasso move is "Get over here!".
- Shotoclone: If one were to classify Twilight, she'd be the closest to this.
- Spell Book: Twilight uses one for most of her attacks.
- Teleport Spam: Twilight is capable of this, as is Pinkie Pie, although Pinkie just runs off one end of the screen and wraps around to the other side. She's also somehow able to run off the side of the screen and deliver an elbow drop from above.
- Throw the Book At Them: Twilight Sparkle's weapon of choice for air combos is her Spell Book.
- Trap Master: Twilight Sparkle will make page copies from her book, in order to lay them down as traps.
- Wave Motion Gun: Twilight Sparkle's level 1 super, Story Arc Climax.
- Wings Do Nothing: Purposely averted by the dev team, who state that pegasi will be able to make use of their wings.