The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Awesome Music: "At the Gala," which seamlessly combines a different musical style for each of the mane six.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: This episode actually introduces quite a few new ponies, both named and background. A certain cello playing pony made her debut here. She has a few fans.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Fluttershy can do the Royal Canterlot voice!
- The Scrappy: Prince Blueblood is one of the most hated ponies in the entire franchise, which is saying something. People hate him worse that Discord and Chrysalis for crying out loud!
- The Woobie: Really, Rarity when you think about it. The others messed up, sure, but after spending the entire season looking forwards and envisioning Blueblood as her Prince Charming, he treats her like crap and she puts up with it the entire night in hopes he'll turn out to be a Jerk with a Heart of Gold or she can change him for the better. While Rainbow, Applejack, Pinkie, and Fluttershy were at least partly responsible for their problems, Rarity did absolutely nothing wrong and still ended up getting treated like crap. It's rather hard not to feel sorry for her. Or cheer for her when she's eventually had enough.
- Or both!
- It's hard not to feel sorry for Twilight Sparkle, as well. Her absence from the above "list" is noticeable; Twilight Sparkle may not have anticipated Celestia being too busy, but Twilight Sparkle stayed right by Celestia's side and behaved herself like a GOOD faithful student, standing there for two hours while Celestia did nothing but greet each guest! So Twilight Sparkle's right up there with Rarity in the "did absolutely nothing but got her evening messed up" list.
Visit the actual tropes HERE
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.