|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
My Life at War is a webcomic written by Luther Patenge and illustrated by Matt Materniak. It updates every Friday.
It is a mecha comic that follows the pilots of the 1st Investment Recovery Battalion, mecha pilots fighting to guard the recently acquired territory of Mega Fun Foods.
You can read it online here.
- Briefcase Full of Money: Henry Macon's briefcase full of stock certificates counts.
- Fat Girl: Betsy-Ray, maybe Jackie?
- Hired Guns: The main characters are members of a mercenary company.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Vulture
- Mega Corp: Mega-Fun-Foods. It's practically in their name.
- Mini-Mecha: The LIMBS are too small to be called Humongous Mecha and far too big to be called power armor.
- Powered Armor: The Bulls.
- Mind you, literally powered. With a cable. From a truck.
- Private Military Contractors: The 1st Investment Recovery Battalion are just that.
- Show Within a Show: Vulture was inspired to become a LIMB pilot by a show following a fictional mercenary called The Southpaw.
- It isn't fictional! It's Based. Awn. Uh. True. Story.
- Space Romans: The main characters have distinctly southern/Texan feeling to them, from the way people talk to the cowboy hats.
- The Dhuvalians have a distinctly French feel to them, despite the comic taking place in an original world.
- Speech Bubbles: The comic seems to use differently shaped speech bubbles to indicate accents. Round for Free Market and boxy for Dhuvalian.