|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The first two episodes revolve around Hiroshi, a friendly neighborhood Mad Scientist. Unlucky at love, he creates a robot with the appearance and name of his crush, Mari. The robot, Marie, accidentally meets the original Mari, and Hiroshi starts telling people that he and Marie are siblings as a cover story. Soon, a tough girl, Hibiki, enters the picture, and threatens to reveal the truth about Marie, unless Hiroshi becomes her boyfriend.
This work contains the following tropes:
- Armor-Piercing Slap
- Best Beer Ever
- Black Comedy Rape: Hibiki gets Hiroshi drunk and tries to have sex with him, over his objections. Played for laughs.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Crash Into Hello
- Delinquents: Hibiki, who solicits men and robs them.
- Do Androids Dream?
- Color Failure
- Fan Service: Ever wanted to know what Robot Girl breasts look like? Here's your chance.
- Handsome Lech: Tanaka.
- Hopeless Suitor
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- Mad Scientist
- Magical Girlfriend: Set up to be that way, then averts it.
- Real Dreams Are Weirder
- Replacement Goldfish
- Ridiculously-Human Robots
- Scary Shiny Glasses
- Stab the Scorpion: The memory of Hiroshi and Hibiki at the pool years ago, when Hiroshi pushed her down to keep her from being noticed by the feral dog
- Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids
- Techno Babble
- Tsundere: Hibiki.
- Twincest: The end of episode three has Marie kiss Mari.
- Unlucky Everydude: Hiroshi.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: What Hiroshi tried to mold Marie as. It didn't quite take.