The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- On good days, listening to "Blackout" gives you the chills. On worse days, the tears run rivers.
- Listening to the b-side "Glorious" can make you cry tears of soul-swelling joy and exuberance. Words cannot describe.
- Exogenesis, especially part 3, with Matt Bellamy pleading, "Just let us start it over again. And we'll be good, this time we'll get it right."
- "Soldier's Poem" is a complete wrecker.
- "Love Is Forever".
- "Falling Away With You".
- "Hoodoo". "And I've had recurring nightmares that I was loved for who I am... and missed the chance to be a better man."
- "Starlight"'s "Hold you in my arms..." line can set some people (including men) on tears. Its just quite intense how its said.
- The song "Escape" from their first album. Listening to grown man belt out those lyrics can cause a creeping sense of Wangst. And then you hear the meaning behind it: Bellamy wrote it about his parent's divorce from the point of view of his 13 year-old self. Now listen to those lyrics again and imagine them coming from a confused, 13 year old Matt. It's not exactly an uncommon or traumatising topic and he wasn't particularly little, but having your family fall apart around you can be a pretty confusing and frustrating experience for someone that age.
- The ending of "Citizen Erased" is quite sad... ironically the gentle fade out to the song is followed by distortion, static and then... right into MICRO CUTS
- For the band: the night of their Glastonbury 2004 set, which Matt often describes as the best concert of their career, Dom Howard's father died of a heart attack on-site right after the last song ("Stockholm Syndrome").
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.