The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- "Muscle Museum", one of their first anthemic songs.
- "Showbiz" beats below claim of "Citizen Erased".
- Early B Side "Host" starts off subtly, then gets to the most awesome headbanging section for 45 seconds till the end of the song. It's the unsung predecessor of "Cydonia" for this reason.
- "Unintended". The live version on HAARP is its own standalone Moment of Awesome.
Origin of Symmetry
- This rendition of "New Born" is valid competition for both "Showbiz" and "Citizen Erased".
- "Citizen Erased" trumps all comers, either before or after.
- "PLUG. IN. BABY." Epic Riff, anyone?
- Okay, how is "Space Dementia" NOT on here? It's frickin' epic.
- "Bliss". The arpeggios are epic, and the music video is definitely a trip. Maybe not as good as "Citizen Erased" but still worth a mention.
- "Hyper Music". YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T LOVE YOU, AND I NEVER DIIIIID...along with kickass riffs early on, and bass that is like an earthquake delivered direct to the eardrums.
- "Micro Cuts" has an almost classical feel to it (due to having a similar chord progression to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata). Matt's vocals are inhuman in addition to the eerie feel of the chorus.
- Probably the most atmospheric piece of music that Muse have ever recorded, with the ethereal guitars and the ghostly vocals. That would have been enough, but then, 30 seconds from the end, the guitar speeds up with a heavy riff and the song explodes. Quite possibly the single best thing Muse will ever do.
- The entire EP Needs More Love. Just listen to that opening!
- "Dead Star" should have earned its own Awesome moment: the slurps, the hardcore electronic instrumental, the epic riffs, the drum structure. It's basically what anger sounds like.
- "Time Is Running Out", especially with the Dr. Strangelove-inspired video.
- "Stockholm Syndrome" and "Ruled By Secrecy".
- "Butterflies and Hurricanes". (Live version on HAARP is just as, if not, better.) This song would make a damn good Theme Music Power-Up:
Change everything you are
And everything you were
Your number has been called
Fights and battles have begun
Revenge will surely come
Yeah, hard times are ahead
- Even non-Muse fans can't get over "Sing For Absolution" and "Butterflies & Hurricanes".
- "Eternally Missed" is the little-known B-side to "Hysteria". It is also quite possibly the finest piece of music Muse has ever recorded.
- "Fury". Just "Fury". AND WE'LL PRAAAAAAAAAY THAT THEEEEEEERE'S NO GOOOOOOOD TO PUUUUUUNISH UUUUUUUS AND MAAAAAAAKE A FUUUUUUUSS!
- "The Groove" (b-side for the "Time is Running Out" single). It starts out with one of the weirdest guitar solo's Matt's ever done then at 0:19 the bass kicks in and you realize that the song is more than aptly titled.
Black Holes and Revelations
- "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse is incredibly epic (and the video is even more so).
- You know what's more epic than "Knights of Cydonia"? Knights of Cydonia preceded by Man With Harmonica
- "Take A Bow"'s symphonic tribute. If God had a theme song, this would be it
- And the original "Take A Bow" symphonic mix - Just when you think it can't get any more epic.
- The little B-side called "Glorious" is, indeed, glorious.
- "Exo-Politics" and "Supermassive Black Hole". Good God, "Exo-Politcs" and "Supermassive Black Hole".
- "Map of the Problematique". LONELINESS BE OVER.
- LIVE AT ABBEY ROAD. The RatM riff at the end just makes it perfect.
- "City of Delusion". Dear sweet Jesus, that trumpet can send tingles down anyone's spine.
- Looks like they've done it again with "United States of Eurasia".
- It'll give you chills every time you listen to it. Eura-SIA. -SIA. -SIA. -SIA.
- "Exogenesis freakin' Symphony". This troper nearly creamed her pants in joy upon hearing this work of GENIUS.
- "Uprising". Mix two parts Doctor Who theme to three parts badass protest song. Add a dash of Toccata and Fugue. Mix well. Serve scorching hot with a side of giant teddy bear revolution.
- "Resistance", from the same album, is an epic political protest love song.
- "Undisclosed Desires".
- Listen to this. That noise you're hearing? Yeah, that's your brain exploding. Well, that or "MK Ultra".
- "Unnatural Selection". Badass organ intro into a thumping guitar riff... slows down a bit in the middle... then back to the guitars. Capital stuff.
- "Undisclosed Desires". Been in love with this song for going on two years now...
- Yes, "Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)" is stuck in the Twilight ghetto. This is a shame, because it is RIDICULOUSLY EPIC.
- The best part? This song was based on Matt Bellamy's then-recent breakup. Muse can even make ending a long-term relationship sound utterly triumphant.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.