|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A Subtle Social Allegory about Animal People Abominations working in a Pornography Store
Murry Purry Fresh and Furry is a furry retail comedy webcomic by Agouti-Rex. It mostly follows the adventures of Melvin, a surly, lazy janitor working in a decrepit porn shop. As you might guess, it's often Not Safe for Work.
- Melvin Adelman, bilby janitor.
- Cloey Woodresin, his wife, a pine marten (does not actually work in the store).
- Mr. Hefferbottom, owner and manager, a ferret.
- Wilbur, armadillo cashier.
- Filbert, hellbender projectionist.
- Magnolia, opposum stripper.
- Adorkable: Melvin.
- Ambiguous Gender: Sally the Dog is often referred to as male despite her name and feminine clothes.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals
- The Bechdel Test: The creator gives himself a big F.
- Crapsack World: The strip takes place in a grimy, run-down porn store in a city called, appropriately, "Failtown".
- Cloudcuckoolander: Generalisimo Chlamydia Clitoria Butterwort III, esq.
- Cool Shades: Cool Cat wears totally cool shades.
- Fat Bastard: Wilbur.
- Fat Slob: Subverting the usual trope, there are two rather overt female fat slobs, Princess Aurelina and Cadillac My Space.
- Furry Comic: In roughly the same way that Don Quixote is a chivalric romance.
- Furry Confusion: Lampshaded here
- Humanlike Foot Anatomy
- Jerkass: Wilbur.
- Lazy Bum: Melvin.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: For a given value of "celebrity", anyway. Some characters, especially drop-ins appear to be based on the "fursonas" of well-known members of the furry
fandom fetish subculture"community". A few, such as Aurelina, are completely undisguised, though.
- Odd-Shaped Panel: The panels have thick wavy borders.
- Perpetual Frowner: Melvin. Wilbur as well.
- Petting Zoo People
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Mr. Hefferbottom frequently has big ideas that never work, such as insisting that all his employees start using Twitter or turning the porn shop into a film studio.
- Rimshot: Used here
- The Speechless: Sally the Dog can communicate only by "woofing".
- Take That: To The Get Along Gang here The fact that Montgomery Moose has a Swastika on his forehead makes it even funnier when you know about how they treated reptiles in that show.
Author's Note: If you are the sort who thinks that Big Mac's behavior is romantic, you may just be functionally retarded.