The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Awesome Music: This is scored by Angelo Badalamenti, who's no stranger to Lynch, and he doesn't disappoint. Even if you hate the movie, you have to admit that the soundtrack's pretty good.
- Fan Disservice: The masturbation scene displeases some viewers.
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: While not as disturbing as say, Eraserhead, there are several moments which are quite horrifying. Of special note is the corpse scene. See also: Daylight Horror and Grotesque Gallery.
- Jerkass Woobie: Diane. She's pretty pitiful, even after having her best friend/lover killed out of jealousy.
- Large Ham: That magician sure loves his ham. And as mentioned in Narm, the film's first part features quite a bit of intentional overacting.
- Les Yay: Good Lord.
- Mary Sue: Arguably, Betty. Though it becomes a subversion with Diane (Depending on whether or not you think they are the same person).
- Narm Charm: The Evil Old Folks at the climax.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: A common reaction. Others find that while there are loose ends, the film is comprehensible to them. Salon.com has a plausible interpretation.
- The film was considered so incomprehensible by the studio that they made Lynch include a set of clues to the plot in the initial DVD release. The problem was letting Lynch write the clues - they're just as incomprehensible as the film is.
- The Woobie: Rita near the beginning.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.