|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Main Trio
Voiced by: Carlos Alazaraqui (Seasons 1 & 2); Jason Marsden (Season 3)
Rikochet is an ambitious student who wants to be the greatest luchador of all time.
- Catch Phrase: "Ay, basura!"
- The Kirk
- The Other Darrin
- Signature Move: The "Pulverizing Pinball", in which he turns into a giant pinball following a brief and melodramatic routine, and the "Spinning Top" in which he transforms into a giant top.
- To Be a Master
Voiced by: Kimberly Brooks
Of the three, Buena Girl is the most knowledgeable on The Code of Masked Wrestling, which she uses as guidelines for the trio's actions and behavior.
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill: In "Tooth or Dare".
- Butt Monkey: She suffers quite a bit of bad luck in the first season.
- Catch Phrase: "It's not right!"
- Expy: Of Hermione Granger.
- Heroic BSOD: In "Not So Buena Girl".
- Signature Move: The "Buena Bulldozer Of Truth", where she transforms into a bulldozer.
- Soapbox Sadie
- The Spock
Voiced by: Candi Milo
The Flea is quite the opposite of Buena Girl. He avoids personal hygiene and usually has no problem with breaking the rules.
- Accidental Murder: It's shown in a flashback that he ate the previous Luchador Supreme thinking it's a type of hotdog.
- Arch Enemy: The Masked Toilet
- Big Eater: Oh HELL yes.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- The McCoy
- Organ Autonomy
- Ow, My Body Part: "Aye, the Flea's spleen!"
- The Pig Pen
- Signature Move: His trademark signature move is never seen during the show, but it was hinted (as well as shown in the opening sequence) that he turns into a green cloud of stench so potent that he could smash certain objects.
- Third Person Person
- Token Evil Teammate
Voiced by: Michael Donovan
A wrestler whose mask is in the likeness of a lightbulb. He can execute electric attacks, but is also very clumsy.
Voiced by: Tabitha St. Germain
A blonde genius who often conducts scientific experiments, which tend to backfire. She has a secret crush on Rikochet.
- Butt Monkey: In the entire run of the show, she loses practically every match she participates in.
- Die for Our Ship: Because of her crush on Rikochet, Buena Girl's fans do not like her very much.
- Dumb Blonde: Inverted very hard
- Girlish Pigtails
Potato Potata Jr.
Voiced by: Cusse Mankuma
Francisco of the Forest
Voiced by: Scott McNeil
El Haystack Grande
Voiced by: Gary Chalk
Voiced by: Brian Drummond
A masked sumo wrestler with high-tech gear.
Voiced by: Scott McNeil
A bull-like wrestler who has horns on his head. He is rich and spoiled, but gets along very well with the main trio.
Voiced by: Kimberly Brooks
A small, baby-like mascarita who is the least violent student in the school. His signature move is simply a friendly hug, and he can only say his own name (and, in "Virtual Luchadores", "Rutabaga"). His costume resembles a pea pod, with a zipper that he uses to hide himself when frightened.
A masked Flamenco dancer who communicates by clacking her castanets and tapping her feet.
This student looks and acts like a mime, and as such, is usually The Voiceless.
- Motor Mouth: What he turns into in "French Twisted".
- Suddenly Voiced: By Jess Harnell in "French Twisted".
Voiced by: Kimberly Brooks (Seasons 1 & 2), Candi Milo (Season 3)
A violent little mascarita who hates just about everything and gets angry very easily. Her signature move is to turn her hands into brick walls and crush her opponent.
An ice-themed wrestler dresses in a light blue hoodie and pants and white vest.
- An Ice Person
- Funny Afro
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Pierre Del Fuego.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Possibly
Pierre Del Fuego
A fire-element wrestler.
Voiced by: Gary Chalk.
A single-cell based wrestler who is talented at evaporation.
A student who wears a gas mask. He was introduced as a student in the bad guy class.
El Oscuro Invasor
Introduced as a student in the bad guy class, his costumes resembles that of Darth Vader.
Tibor the Terrible
"He called me a pirate! Plundering, scavenging, downloading MP3s!"
A mascarita in a pirate costume (or "a pirate in a boy suit", as Flea once described him), introduced as a student in the bad guy class. He wants to be a real pirate.
- Mook: In the Game Boy Advance game.
- The Other Darrin: He goes from sounding like a typical pirate to sounding like a regular kid.
- The Pirate Who Doesn't Do Anything
A student from the bad guy class, inspired by Japanese wrestler Jushin "Thunder" Liger. He aims to be the monster warden of Little Tokyo, and takes lessons from his sensei, a pink bunny named Kyoto.
Voiced by: Kathleen Bar
A girl whose costume resembles a piñata. Aptly, when she is beaten in a match, candy falls around her.
Ensalada De Frutas
A masked wrestler whose costume is themed around fruit, with a pineapple for his mask.
El Loco Mosquito
Voiced by: Lee Tockar
A mosquito-like wrestler.
A wrestler whose moves are based off the Tic-Tac-Toe game.
Double Ninja Ninja
A ninja-based masked wrestler.
A red-haired girl whose theme is static electricity. She has the tendency to shock herself from combing her hair.
Timmy of a Thousand Masks
A kid who has the ability to wear the masks of other luchadores and impersonate them. In his first appearance, he used this ability to cause crimes that were then pinned on Snow Pea, Minotoro, Snr. Hasbeena, and Buena Girl. He was soon caught and expelled, but he came back for the Christmas Episode.
Voiced by: Candi Milo
The principal of the school of lucha libre that the Mascaritas attend. Headmistress is extremely strict and intolerant of any behavior that goes against the code of masked wrestling, often expelling students at the slightest infraction.
- Berserk Button: People going against the Code of Masked Wrestling
- Large Ham
- My Brain Is Big: It looks like that but Field of Screams proves that she actually stuffs her hair in her mask
- Not So Above It All: In "Buena On Wheels", she's against Roller Lucha, but eventually likes it following the main trio participating in it old-fashioned Lucha style.
- Tsundere: An extreme non-romantic version
A teacher who has lots of nostalgia for the 1970s. He used to be a professional wrestler named Señor Couldbea, but lost his World Championship title in the 70s and never won it again, an incident that continues to haunt him for years.
The physical education teacher who organizes lucha libre matches between students and acts as the referee. His name is derived from the professional wrestling term "midcarder", which refers to a wrestler who performs between the undercard and the main event.
Family members, pets, and paraphernalia
Lonestar and Mama Maniaca
Abuelito / Estrella de Fuego ("Star of Fire")
Rikochet's dog who wears a mask.
- What Could Have Been: Originally, he was the Flea's pet.
Buena Mom and Buena Dad
Buena Girl's excessively cheery parents.
Mr. and Mrs. Flea
The Flea's parents who run Slammin' Donuts.
The Flea's baby sister.
Primadonna Hodges, Carlton Cold Jones, and Heavy Traffic
Three bullies from Hairy Knuckles Academy, a rival wrestling school. They appeared to be based on American professional wrestlers, who are generally larger than Mexican luchadores.
The Masked Toilet
- Big Bad: Of The Movie
- Dark Is Edgy: Has a lot of darkness based powers.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: He's voiced by Tim Curry.
- Large Ham: He's voiced by Tim Curry, this is a given.
- Playing with Fire
- One-Winged Angel: After he's beaten in the first fight, he transforms into a towering giant to continue the fight.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Was imprisoned in the core of the Earth for 100,000 years. He used Flea to trick Rikochet into freeing him by reading a passage from the Code of Masked Wrestling backwards. At the end, he's defeated and sealed back up again.
- When the Planets Align: Can only be set free when this happens. If he's not put back by the time they come out of alignment, he becomes unstoppable.