The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A movie directed by Abel Ferrara that tells the story of a mute seamstress, Thana, that is brutally raped twice in one day and snaps. She goes on a killing spree in New York City; shooting any man she encounters with a .45 caliber pistol.
- All Men Are Perverts: Virtually every male in this movie tries to come on to Thana or her co-workers.
- Cute and Psycho: Thana
- Does Not Like Men: Thana. Understandable, since she was raped twice by men.
- Meaningful Name: "Thana", the name of the Villain Protagonist, is derived from the name for the Greek god of Death, "Thanatos". Thanatos can also refer to the term coined by Sigmund Freud, which refers to death instinct in humans.
- Rape and Revenge: After Thana is raped two times in a day, she snaps and kills the second man who raped her with a tire iron. She then goes on to shoot any man who flirts with her or tries to rape her.
- Revenge Against Men
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- Sanity Slippage: At first, Thana only kills men who attempt to take advantage of her. Later, as she loses more of her sanity, she kills any man unlucky enough to be near her.
- The Speechless: Thana
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.