|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Its title is of course a homage to Ms. Pac-Man.
- Ms. Splosion Man's non-sequiturs. Examples of her babbling include:
"Snozzberries? Just what are snozzberries?!"
"You're the one that I want!"
"These boots are made for 'splodin, and that's just what they'll do, 'cause one-a-these-days, these boots are 'gunna 'splode all over you!" (lyrics from the Nancy Sinatra song)
"Shut the front door!"
"Got Jesus on my necklace!"
"Truly truly truly outrageous!"
"Some women aren't meant to be tamed!"
"Don't go chasing waterfalls!"
"What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!" (lyrics from a Salt 'N' Pepa song)
"Where have all the cowboys gone?"
"I'm just a girl, I'm just a girl, in the world!". Also, from Gwen Stefani: "I ain't no holla back girl!"
"If you wannabe my lover, you gotta get with my friends!"
"A diva is a female version of a hustler!". Also: "Better put a ring on it!" Also: "All the single laides, all the single ladies..." (which can be misheard as "All the glitz..." or "All the cigarettes...")
"No whammies, no whammies, no whammies, STOP!"
"Sit, Ubu, sit, good boy! Woof!"
"I must, I must, I must increase my bust!"
"Girls just wanna have fu-un!" (lyrics from a Cyndi Lauper song)
"I'll have what SHE'S having!"
"Hit me, baby, one more time!". Also: "I'm a slave, for you!"
"You had me at hello!" (a line from Jerry MacGuire)
"I must break you." (Rocky IV quote)
"A buh-buh-buh-buh-buh bye!"
"Why don't you come up and see me sometime, big boy?" (a line closely resembling one said in the film "She Done Him Wrong")
"I'm the king of the world!". Also: "I'll never let you go, Jeff, I promise!"
"I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy!"
"Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean, on the cover of a magazine!". Also: "Rita Hayworth gave good face." Also: "Like a virgin!" Also: "Strike a pose, there's nothing to it."
"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!" (lyrics from a Kelis song)
"I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. Demille!"
"I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!"
"I wave my hair back and forth! I wave my hair back and forth!" (lyrics from a Willow Smith song)
"Nobody puts baby in a corner!"
"You complete me." (This could either be a reference to Jerry MacGuire or a song by Keyshia Cole)
"I'll get him hot, show him what I got!" Also: "My my my my poker face."
"I'm not bad; I just 'splode that way."
- One cutscene where Ms. 'Splosion Man reveals herself in a disguise brings to mind Total Recall, down to the disguise's head laughing before it explodes.
- And before the Bionic Bommando boss fight, she arrives in a Johnnycab from the same movie.
- In the first boss battle alone:
Ms. Splosion Man: What the heck are you?
Mighty Eternal: Wh-wh-wh-what the heck are you?
(The Boss then initiates a very familiar self-destruct sequence.)
- Not to mention that in the middle of the sequence, the boss says "Heeeeere's Johnny!"
- One of Ms. Splosion Man's idle dances is the Carlton.
- During the final boss battle (which in itself is a shout out to Punch Out), Ms. Splosion Man says:
- In the third level of the game, we hear a random flying car driver humming the theme to Dallas.