|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Mr. Coat and Friends is a video review website founded by Stefan Ellison, aka That Fellow in the Coat. The site hosts his videos, as well as a number of other contributors. Although the style is in the form of such sites as That Guy With The Glasses, it largely averts Caustic Critic.
See also Reviewtopia.
Provides Examples Of:
- Arch Nemesis: Count Sigeeyai to Hewy.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: Spoofed in a review of Captain EO.
- The Cameo: Other reviewers showing up on other shows.
- Caustic Critic: Although not that common, it does happen.
- Deal with the Devil: A seven-year-old finds making a cartoon come to life being worth the price. Unfortunately it turns out to involve a Grand Theft Me when he grows up.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Spoofed at the end of this video.
- DVD Commentary
- Fan Hater: Spoofed In-Universe, where Animated Analysis looked at Bronies, and even interviewed one as though it was To Catch a Predator.
- Gushing About Shows You Like: In-Universe, it shows up to a higher degree than many other sites.
- "Previously On...": Defied Trope in the second video here.
"No, I'm not gonna tell you what happened in part 1. It's the fucking internet! Go watch it yourself, you lazy dorks!"
- Reference Overdosed
- Roger Rabbit Effect: Animated Analysis stars a human reviewer, and a floating drawing of a cartoonish face.
- Scary Flashlight Face: Hewy does his review of Coraline with a flashlight face to set the tone.
- Video Review Show
- Top Ten List: Or To 11.
- Willing Suspension of Disbelief: Spoofed in a review of Captain EO, claiming that trying whips in knots without moving the whips was what broke the verisimilitude of the movie.
- ↑ pronounced Hi-me-tude