|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mr. B Natural is an advertising short about a mysterious pixie who helps Buzz, a lonely young kid, learn how to make friends and express himself through music (and hence, genuine Conn™ instruments).
- Ambiguous Gender: Possibly what they were shooting for with Mr. B, given that he's the living incarnation of music itself.
- Ambiguously Gay: Mr. B Natural would be Camp Gay if it was even clear he's really a male.
- Anthropomorphic Personification
- Blatant Lies: Being in the school band will make you popular.
- Bifauxnen: Mr. B.
- Cute but Cacophonic: Mr. B.
- Expy: Riff Trax discovered the new Mr. B Natural in the short film Magical Disappearing Money.
- Fairy Companion
- Genki Sexless Man/Woman: Mr. B is very very perky.
- Hartman Hips:
Mary MartinBetty Luster, who plays Mr. B., unknowingly (or knowingly?) shows off her hips when laying down on her side at one point.
- Hey, It's That Girl: Betty Luster had been a model and stage actress since 1938. Mr B Natural was her last role - coincidence?
- Incredibly Lame Pun: All the "be natural" puns.
- Meaningful Name: "Be Natural"
- Product Placement: It is a promotional short, and won't let you forget that for one second.
- She's Got Legs: Mr. B, though the actress was a dancer, so it makes sense.
- Shout-Out: The short is deliberately trying to emulate the Peter Pan stage play.
- Sweet Polly Oliver
- Vocal Dissonance: For such a hot...person, Mr. B has a screechy, high-pitched, constantly fluctuating, harpy scream of a voice.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: Probably the only place you'll ever see high-schoolers marvelling over new band instruments. "Wow!"
Fred: (turning down a date with a cute girl) Not me, Jeannie! Band practice! I wouldn't miss it for anything! I'm bucking for first clarinet chair!