|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Motorcycles are often treated as the modern day equivalent of horses. Some works take this an extra step and have the protagonist engage in jousting from the back of a motorbike.
Examples of Motorcycle Jousting include:
- In keeping with their theme, the Knight and the Squire (England's equivalent of Batman and Robin) have lances they use from the back of their motorcycle steeds.
- The movie Knightriders is all about this.
- Fred in the live-action Scooby Doo movie rides a motorcycle to duel a knight ghost.
- Indiana Jones charges a Nazi motorcyclist using a flagpole as an improvised lance in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer do it in Watch Out, We're Mad
- In a variant involving cars, in Herbie Rides Again there are people who are called Knights and who dress in wacky costumes who joust in one scene.
- In another variant, Quick Change gives us a bizarre (and apparently lethal) bicycle jousting scene. Loomis panics and yells that "it's bad luck just seeing a thing like that!"
- At the climax of Mission Impossible II, Ethan and the Big Bad do this.
- RoboCop 2. Alex Murphy has a joust with Cain: Murphy on a motorcycle, Cain in an armored car.
- Doctor Who: The Doctor has a motorcycle jousting match against one of the Bannermen in "Delta and the Bannermen".
- Disney's Jessie did this as well.
- Happens in the Wizards of Waverly Place episode "Graphic Novel".
- One American Chopper episode had them doing this in pairs, though one was on a scooter.
- An episode of Sliders features this as part of a parallel universe that seems heavily inspired by Mad Max.
- In Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, Shigure once does a motorcycle joust against an armored horseman.
- Unconfirmed Darwin Awards nominee: two guys, fighting over a girl, jousted on motor scooters and died.
- Shadowrun 1st edition supplement Shadowbeat. In the Combat Biker game the Lancebiker player carries a 2 meter long lance that he can use against other players.
- This occurs as a minigame in Full Throttle.
- The Simpsons did this once, in an episode where Homer won a motorcycle in a steak-eating contest.
- There's a pair of Star Wars: Clone Wars episodes (Chapter 4 and Chapter 8) in which Obi-wan Kenobi and a platoon of clone lancers do this against IG lancer droids and the bounty hunter Durge, on speeder bikes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.