|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mother Of All Battles is a Two Dimensional Top Down Turn-Based Strategy game, made by the same guy who brought you Critical Mass. It revolves around six factions divided only by their color. The goal of the game is to Take Over the World, but capturing cities on islands. The mechanics are fairly complex, and make for a very rntertaining experience.
You can download the free version or buy the full version here.
Mother of All Battles provides examples of
- Achilles Heel: Battleships do not respond well to torpedos. Nothing responds well to bombers
- Action Bomb: Bombers
- Artificial Stupidity: The computer players are usually pretty smart, but if they land an army on an island with no cities, they will make no attempt to remove it.
- Awesome Yet Impractical: Bombers. They can eliminate everything within two spaces of themselves when they reach their target, but if a fighter even breathes on one, it's dead.
- Boring Yet Practical: Armies. Move one speace per turn, are only strong in numbers, but are the only ones capable of capturing cities.
- Also transports, as they're the only thing capable of getting your armies to other islands en masse
- Color Coded for Your Convenience: The factions.
- Cosmetically Different Sides
- Crippling Overspecialization: Submarines are only useful against transports and battleships. Anything else with attack capabilities will do some serious damage to them.
- Didn't See That Coming: A common response to being hit by a bomber, or having your battleship sunk.
- Excuse Plot: You see those other colored factons? Kill them!
- Fog of War: You don't know what's going on in an area unless you have units present, or a city changes color. Also, you actually need to have had a unit in that area at one time to know anything about the terrain.
- For Massive Damage: Subs attacking battleships. Often results in One-Hit Kill.
- Fragile Speedster: Bombers.
- Jack of All Stats: Fighters. good attack strength, can take a pretty good beating, and have a good range.
- Mighty Glacier: Battleships. They can clear an entire city by themselves, and are a headache to kill, usually, but they're slow, and Subs can sink them.
- Non-Entity General
- Oh Crap: Realizing that an enemy bomber is going to hit one of your cities and there's nothing you can do about it.
- Randomly Generated Levels: The map is always randomly generated when you start a new game
- Tactical Rock-Paper-Scissors: Battleship>destroyer>submarine>battleship
- Units Not to Scale: They're all the same size as cities.
- Video Game Time: According to the game, you can conquer the world in about a year on larger maps