|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Learn something, experience somewhere, grow some more.
Mother 4 is a fan game in the MOTHER series that is currently in production by Azure Studios. It started as a game made in RPG Maker, but was later moved to the Game Maker engine, and then to its own custom made engine in C++. The game, like other entries in the series, follows the tale of a young boy with a striped shirt and PSI powers. More information can be found here. It's probably coming out in mid-2012, but the creators refuse to release any information whatsoever about release dates.
Tropes used in Mother 4
- Art Evolution: Compare the early screenshot of Travis on his porch to the more recent one.
- Bookworm: Meryl.
- Darker and Edgier: It's been stated that this game will be darker than Mother 3.
- This troper can hardly believe that
- Fan Sequel
- In Universe Game Clock: Time passes between day and night (if you so choose it) when staying in a hotel, with a number of different tasks and events available only at certain times of the day, or with specific character combinations.
- Leitmotif: As in Mother 3, every one has their own battle sound effects. Unlike the 3rd game, they have their own level up jingles as well.
- Original Flavour
- Slice of Life: Perhaps not to the extent of Persona 3 and 4, but emphasis is being placed on character relationships and interactivity with towns and cities beyond using them as a means to continue your adventure.
- Spoiled Sweet: Meryl.
- Variable Mix: Instead of a singular level up jingle like the other 3 Mother titles, every character will level up with their own leitmotif (Travis's is a retooled version of the original level up tune). These will seamlessly overlap with one another when two or more characters level simultaneously.