|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Peter Drucker: A legendary figure in business management and often referred to as its very father. His book management has been referred to as the Bible of contemporary businessmen. This is the story of a high school girl who takes an ordinary baseball team to the summer nationals with Management in hand.
Moshi Kōkō Yakyū no Joshi Manager ga Dorakkā no "Management" o Yondara ("What if the Female Manager of a High School Baseball Team Read Drucker's Management?") was originally a business novel by Natsumi Iwasaki, then was adapted to a 10-part anime in the Spring 2011 season. There is also a live-action film, which was released on June 4, 2011.
The story is about a girl named Minami Kawashima, who decides to manage her school's baseball team using the principles of Drucker's Management as a favor to her ill childhood friend Yuki Miyata. It won't be easy, since she has next to experience in management and she's not fond of the sport itself , but she'll do what she can. . .
Moshidora contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Minami played Romeo when she was younger. Good thing she wasn't shy.
- Cute Sports Club Manager: Yuki was one, then Minami takes her place. She has the help of the track keeper Ayano and, in the anime, of a girl named Hanae.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Did Not Do the Research: Reconstructed. As it turns out that Drucker's Management book is pretty useful.
- Coming of Age Story
- Cryptic Conversation: A conversation between Minami and Yuki starts off as general baseball team talk then gradually Yuki's tone and words grow more and more ominous. Yuki then dies later on sealing the fact she was aware her time was growing short.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!!: Minami starts going off on a tyraid about how horrible of a person she is following Yuki's death, forcing Jiro to slap her.
- Hard Work Montage: The team's training sessions are shown. It is a baseball show, after all.
- Heroic BSOD: Minami breaks down after Yuki's death. Ayano of all people manages to break her out of it.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Starts with "Minami" followed by what she learns about business.
- Ill Girl: Yuki. She does NOT get better, however.
- Les Yay: Ayano openly admitted that, she likes Yuki.
- Look Behind You!: Ayano pulls this off on Minami in order to avoid answering Minami's questions.
- Overly Long Title: That's why most call it Moshidora.
- Sailor Fuku
- Serious Business: Baseball team management, of course.
- Save Our Team: One of the reasons Minami became a manager.
- Shrinking Violet: Ayano
- Verbal Tic: Ayano can't seem to start an utterance without "Eh? Ah... hai."
- Wham! Episode: Episode 9 - Yuki's death.