|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Cassandra "Cassie" Cage
- Action Girl: As the daughter of the original fighting lady in MK and a badass action star, she cannot be less.
- Black Comedy - Bloody Hilarious: She's pretty much addicted to this, and it shows in her fatalities.
- Daddy's Girl: Johnny did the biggest share of Cassie's raising, and in return she adores him. she gets hilariously angry with Jacqui when she notes how much of a Silver Fox he is.
- Plucky Girl: This young woman is near fearless.
- Strong Family Resemblance: On one hand, Cassie has her father Johnny's devil-may-care and saarcastic attitude. On the other, looks-wise she is terrifyingly like her mother Sonya.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: Regarding Sonya. Her mother is not a bad person, not at all, but she's quite the Workaholic Ice Queen after the crap she and others have gone through in the last decades and Cassie has complicated feelings on her.
Jacqueline Sonya "Jacqui" Briggs
- Action Girl: Her dad, honorary uncle/aunt duo and best friend are quite the badasses, sooooo...
- Battle Couple: She and Takeda
- Daddy's Girl: She adores Jax, and joins the Special Forces to protect and honor him.
- Passionate Sports Girl: She began as this, then became a Special Forces member.
- Power Fist: Her gauntlets.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He lived peacefully with his mother in Thailand, then the Red Dragons came to kill the two for their relation to Kenshi...
- Ninja: As the adoptive son of Scorpion
- Pretty Boy: He's damn beautiful.
- The Archer: And quite a good one, too.
- Badass Gay: His homosexuality was implied in the Story Mode and some pre-fight dialogues, and confirmed by the devs.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He has a serious attitude problem and can be a massive asshole, but his heart is in the right place most of the time.
- Street Urchin: After the death of his cousin and Big Brother Mentor Kung Lao, his family went through quite the rough patches. Jin himself spent quite a while as this before he tried to steal a Tragic Keepsake from Raiden and the Thunder God, after subjecting him to a Secret Test of Character, told him to join the Shaolin.
- All Myths Are True: In-story, in a way. In the past he spent many years in Earth, becoming the Mayan's God of War Buluc-Chabtan.
- Anti-Villain: He's trying to do what's best for Outworld. Outworld, not Earth. In Chapter 11, he turns on the heroes because he don't believes Shinnok can be defeated now and the best option he have is to appease to him so he can buy time.
- Benevolent Boss: He treats his subordinates more or less well as long as they're loyal to him. This earns him Reptile's genuine respect. The trailers for MK11 show that he also gained Baraka's loyalty like this.
- Despair Event Horizon: In Chapter 11, he lost all hopes of victory, at least immediately, once he hears Shinnok is back, and decides to beat up Earth warriors to try to appease to the fallen Elder God, despite the fact Shinnok's past behaviour indicates he wasn't going to spare anyone.
- Fatal Flaw: It's not easy to get him angry, but when he IS, he becomes near completely irrational.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Surprisingly, he's pretty much the best leader that Outworld has ever had.
- Shown Their Work: For all of the Did Not Do the Research deals that sometimes plague the MK games, the developers got his ties to Mayan society / culture / mythology more or less right.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: His armor only cover his shoulders and the top of his torso.
- Hive Queen; One of her movesets.
- The Mole: She joined Kotal as a way of obtaining the medallion Mileena holds for Quan Chi.
- The Starscream: Kotal Kahn makes her his Prime-Minister without knowing she is actually working for Shinnok.
- Walking Spoiler: Going too deep in D'Vorah's motivations spoils an important chunk of the plot.
- Amazon Chaser: He likes his ladies not only hot, but also physically and mentally strong. He openly admits it to Sonya.
- Anti-Villain: He willing to do whatever his boss says. Given that is Kotal Khan at present, who is the loosest form of Anti-Hero at best, that means he'll kick puppies so long as he paid to do it.
- Crazy Prepared: Has a custom bullet for everyone he fights, himself included.
- Mirror Match: In a bizarre case of Properly Paranoid and Crazy Prepared, he's prepared for this, with a bullet for his opponent with the words "Me" on it for just such an event.
- Only in It For the Money: He's a hired mercenary, but he quite loyal to whoever supplies his paycheck, currently that being Kotal Khan.
- Really Seven Hundred Years Old: He a cowboy from Earth who got his age extended by Shang Tsung at one point, so he's at least a century or two old and barely looks middle aged.
- Dumb Muscle: Played with. Torr doesn't speak much to give any indication of how smart he is, but Ferra's simplistic speech, low level of intelligence and aggressive demeanor makes the duo complete the trope for each other.
- Gentle Giant: Torr plays with Ferra in one of his match win animations. Oh, so adorable. Now, the rest of existence will not receive such kindness.
- The Big Guy: Torr serves as this for Kotal's team, being the bigger and more muscular member of his Five-Man Band.
- The Nicknamer: Ferra not only has the level of intelligence of Taokaka, but the same tendency to call everyone by nicknames.
- You No Take Candle: Ferra has the speech's abilities of a small child.
- An Ice Person: If using the Cyber Sub-Zero variation.
- Non-Indicative Name: It is actually four cyborgs, not three. However, considering that Smoke was never transformed into a cyborg, the trope is kind of zig-zagged.
- Not So Different: Don't understands Ermac's disgust for him when they're both artificial creatures. Ermac answers by boasting he's the vessel for an army, showing he doesn't know how to properly counter Triborg's accusation.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: If he finds his opponent worthy of it, he express his willingness to make them join them, no matter if they don't want it.
- Malevolent Masked Men: Wears a hockey mask.
- The Undead: Much like Scorpion, he is a spirit driven by vengeance and isn't really alive to begin with.
- The Voiceless: Don't speaks one word at all.
- Wild Card: He doesn't care about anything else but killing. Trying to offer an alliance to him is pointless.
Jedidiah "Jed" Sawyer aka Leatherface
- Acrofatic: Much more fast than you would expect with that gut.
- Chainsaw Good: Interestingly, not all of his moves involves that.
- Malevolent Masked Men: His mask is made of human skin and he basically kills everybody he sees.
- Off with His Head: In one of his brutalities, he cuts his opponent's head off.
The Xenomorph aka Alien
- Blade Below the Shoulder : Gains them from being born from a Tarkatan.
- Non-Malicious Monster: It's simply following his instinct to attack and reproduce.
- Tail Slap: Can uses its tail to slap, strike or sting through its opponent.
- Blood Knight: It hunts beings it consider strong.
- Invisibility Cloak: Uses one who still distorts light around his body, but otherwise lets him completely invisible.
- Taking You with Me: One of his brutalities, using his self-destruct device.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.