m (1 revision)
Latest revision as of 07:26, 17 September 2020
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Mortal Kombat: Special Forces is an action game released for the Playstation in 2000. A spin off of the popular Mortal Kombat fighting series, the game revolves around Jax and his quest to avenge the deaths of his special combat unit at the hands of the Black Dragon.
Taking place before the events of the first Mortal Kombat, the game begins with Black Dragon leader Kano breaking his gang out of jail and Jax out for revenge. Soon Jax discovers that they're after the "Eye of Shitian", a powerful relic and aims to stop them getting their hands on the artifact.
The game suffered development problems, including half the original Midway team leaving (along with series co-founder John Tobias), the story being rewritten half way through and being rushed out to release.
- Beat'Em Up
- Blaxploitation: Cheesy 70's style intro, Scary Black Man, outdated Jive Turkey sounding dialogue, distracted by the "honeys" and even owns a purple muscle car.
- Dummied Out: Quite a lot apparently but the most glaring ommission is Sonya. Not only is she not a playable character as originally planned but her absence is never explained.
- Five-Bad Band: The Black Dragon members, arguably doubling as a Quirky Miniboss Squad.
- Foregone Conclusion: Kano's plan will be taken down, it's only the how that's in question.
- Murder, Inc.: The Black Dragon.
- Undying Loyalty: Save for maybe Jarek, the Black Dragon clansmen are very devoted to Kano. He's merely using them as cannon fodder for any Special Forces members following his trail.
- Wanted Poster