The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Acceptable Political Targets: People in the 1974-79 Labour government were often mocked for the economic troubles at the time, as were the major trade union leaders. Margaret Thatcher was sometimes included as well, though at the peak of Eric and Ernie's fame she was still only Leader of the Opposition. Harold Wilson generally got a free pass, as writer Eddie Braben had canvassed for him as a teenager in the 1940s.
- Anachronism Stew: Often Played for Laughs, such as having modern technology and pop culture references in the sketches set in the past. For example, one sketch has Lady Hamilton ring up Admiral Nelson on the phone during the Battle of Trafalgar.
- Ear Worm: "Bring me sunshine in your smile..."
- Growing the Beard: Generally considered to be when Eddie Braben began writing for them.
- Special Effects Failure: The initial joke in the "Singing in the Rain" sketch is that Ernie is perfectly replicating the scene from the film...but there's no rain, much to Eric's confusion in the background. Naturally, Eric manages to get soaking wet by completely unrelated means throughout the sketch.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.