|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This is a humor blog about a pony on the moon. Don't take it too seriously.
Moonstuck is a very silly Ask a Pony Tumblr run by Egophiliac. In the style of Problem Sleuth, it chronicles young Woona and her random adventures in and out of the moon. It finished November 4, 2012.
incomplete current now complete stat read out is:
This tumblr contains examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Of Homestuck, as noted above.
- All Just a Dream: Average Woona Adventures.
- Alt Text: Some of the tags function as this.
- Always Someone Better: Blueblood manages to trump Woona in just about everything, despite not even being on the moon! (Or is he?) Nope.
- April Fools' Day: Introducing Average Woona Adventures!
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Science Woona (a magical unicorn pony with wings) gets pretty upset when science is openly defied.
- Not always. Sometimes she just shrugs her shoulders and goes with it.
- Artist Allusion: Given how Egophiliac created the "ponies in socks" meme, naturally a pair shows up here.
- Aside Glance: Several of the posts involve Woona staring at the audience.
- Atlantis Is Boring: Averted. The sea inside the moon houses sea ponies and operas.
- Badass Adorable: Woona.
- Beam-O-War: Woona has one with Nightmare Woon, and loses.
- Big Bad: Nightmare Woon.
- The Bus Came Back: The Bat Ponies.
- The Cameo: Any post labelled "hi tim" contains... TIM.
- Catapult Nightmare: The aforementioned Average Woona Adventures.
- Chekhov's Skill: The "+3 Diplomacy Points" Woona gained here let her attempt to use diplomacy to solve her problems with the moonitaur. It doesn't work.
- Cloning Blues: Dark Woona is dead set on returning to the moon and defeating the Woona who continued the story after she was launched into space. When Dark Woona returned in the main comic, she began to enact her revenge on the entire population of the moon under the guise of Nightmare Woon.
- Cool Plane: Woona uses a giant paper airplane.
- Conveniently Interrupted Document: At one point, Woona discovers part of a note that tells her where to find a certain key, along with "soon" and a few partial words. Later on, she finds the note's missing fragment along with the aforementioned key. While the complete message is now clear to the reader, Woona had "already used up all of [her] deductive power for today" by that point and literally cannot put the pieces together.
- Cranial Eruption: You never realized before, but your skull makes a funny ‘bonk’ sound whenever you’re inflicted with serious head trauma.
- Crossover: While being the only major pony blog that hasn't had another ask blog inside of it, Woona has appeared in a couple of the other's blogs.
- Curb Stomp Battle: Pretty much any time thus far that Woona tries to actually fight Nightmare Woon, she's received one. The first time she was cocooned with Evil Jam and the second time the poor thing got blasted off a cliff.
- Cute Little Fang: The friendly (if nervous) Changeling filly sports one of these.
- Defictionalization: Woona's cap, along with all of the forms it is folded into.
- Do a Barrel Roll: In an obvious Shout-Out to the Trope Namer.
- Easily Forgiven: Everyone seems to forget about Luna trashing half the Seapony palace and attacking the prime minister after she defeats Nightmare Woon's giant octopus.
- Emoticon: It is fairly common in both the user instructions and some of the author notes.
- Every Device Is a Swiss Army Knife: Woona's treasure map, which is able to be molded into almost anything, regardless of size. Though some of the things don't work out, since it's made of paper. How it does it do it? Science Woona explains.
- Evil Counterpart: Woona has one in Dark Woona, who hails from the Evil Counterpart of Woonastuck itself: Dark Woonastuck.
- Face Hoof: Nightmare Woon, here.
- Flat What: The narrator, understandably, could manage no other response.
- Flipping the Table: The moonitaur here.
- Foreshadowing: Pretty much any post with Nightmare Woon in silhouette.
- Freudian Couch: While the bat-ponies explain their origin.
- The Ghost: Blueblood.
- Gravity Screw: There is literally a gravity switch for the moon. Woona ends up breaking it.
- Handwaved: "When you're this cute, anything is possible!"
- High-Class Glass: "Dapper" indeed.
- Humiliation Conga: To the point of Serial Escalation. Upon a lunoctopus being attracted to Woona's wig, her attempts to shoo it away only attract the contempt of the queen. After shooing it with more force fails, she simply grabs the wig and throws it (and him!) down into the orchestra pit, whereupon the queen informs her he was the prime minister. Woona's attempt to flee only ends up humiliating her further, to the point of insanity. And it gets even worse from there.
- In Soviet Russia, Trope Mocks You: "in soviet moon, landscape see binoculars through you"
- Lampshade Hanging: A good amount of it.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Woona and the Bat Ponies decided to do this about Woona's attempt to equip them.
- Mama Bear: The Moonitaur, who finds her son being "kidnapped" by Woona and the Bat Ponies. Hilarity Ensues.
- Milestone Celebration: Very downplayed:
"happy 100th post by the way"
- Oh Crap: The Bat Ponies and Woona in turn when the Moonitaur first shows up.
- Pie in the Face: Woona does her best to defy this trope when with the lunar ponies' queen, even in the face of insurmountable odds. "Okay, seriously, why do they even have that if not to tempt you?"
- Press X to Not Die: Invoked by name here.
- Properly Paranoid: This gem:
"You suddenly become aware of a strange sensation, almost like you’re being…watched. As though all of your movements thus far have been silently recorded and judged, all for the entertainment of thousands of anonymous strangers."
- Puppy Dog Eyes: They can open padlocks. "Wait, how did that work?!"
- Random Encounters: Encounter a herd of wild moon rocks!
- Reasonable Authority Figure: The queen of the lunar ponies is very understanding when Woona (who's only a filly, after all) throws a Royal Temper Tantrum on seeing Blueblood has once again beaten her to the punch.
- The Bat Pony Queen as well. She thanks Woona for rescuing her children and comforts her when she breaks down crying thinking of Celestia.
- Recursive Fiction: Science Woona is briefly shown reading Dark Moonstuck.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Woona's cuteness lets her breathe in space.
- The Rival: Blueblood, again.
- Rule of Cute
- Rule of Funny
- Shout-Out: For starters, the whole thing is a parody of Homestuck.
- "Moon your enemies."
- That "invigorating jig" looks awfully familiar...
- The sharks are fighting the jets!
- The cave is a lie.
- B. Luna, the Science Woona!
- "Moonwalk to the 'X'"
- "DO A BARREL-ROLL" 
- "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start"
- As foreshadowed here , "Your hovercraft is full of eels!" 
- "No, that's a jar of jam."
- "You're going to crash! And right over the Sea of Razor-Sharp Rock Spires, too!"
- Virtually indestructible, yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton.
- "Now run away like Zoidberg!"
- Woona and her Bat Pony friends do a familiar hoofshake.
- MOON TIARA ACTION!!!
- Sliding Scale of Silliness Versus Seriousness: Very tilted towards the silly side.
- Stat-O-Vision: Woonavision 3000 functions something like this.
- Sunglasses on The Moon: Woona while making a rock band with a rock and a tablet (who are also wearing sunglasses).
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: Justified, as Science Woona explains again:
"Fortunately, your adorasynthesis is fully capable of converting lunar water to oxygen. When you’re this adorable, anything is possible!"
- Super Window Jump: "You are not a clever pony."
- Trap Door: What the "X" turns out to be.
- Treasure Map: Woona wears one as a hat.
- "You never realized maps were so literal."
- It's also used as a hang-glider, a bathing cap, a sword, a cloak, a "sophisticated lady's fan", a spyglass, a "comically-oversized oyster shucker", a conch, a paraglider, a couch, a deerstalker, a bear trap, a giant paper airplane, a "cavendish" (banana), a nursing cap, a "crumpled, jam-covered sticky mess", a nightcap, an ambassador hat., and a "Super Duper Fancy Crown of Specialness"
- Trope 2000: Woonavision 3000.
- The Unseen: Attourney Woona, who has only been mentioned in the image tags.
- Vile Villain Saccharine Blog: While most everything else is Played for Laughs, Nightmare Woon isn't (most of the time), and can be surprisingly ominous at times. Example? Sending a giant squid to attack the Sea Pony's city.
- Visual Pun: See the second Shout-Out.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Played for Laughs with the minitaur.
- Weird Moon: It has water inside of it. And a delicious jam filling.
- Woona Can Breathe In Space: Justified, as Science Woona puts it:
"Through a process known as adorasynthesis, [Woona's] body exudes a constant aura of Cuteness Overload (CO), which combines with naturally-occuring elements of D’aww (D) and Hnngh (H) to be absorbed back into [Woona's] body as oxygen."
"Here is a sciency formula  to make it look plausible!"
- You Are Grounded: Woona briefly fears this.
- ↑ Clockwise, from the top: Dark Woona, Batpony Bon Bon, Batpony Lyra, Sparkleheart, Honeybun, Cupcake Crumbles, Echo, Stardust, Ziggy, Hazmat Suit Woona, Science Woona, Jeffery, The Moon Rocks (Rocky, Roxanne, and Bob), Meadowlark, Pebbl, Pierre the Pebble, Woona, Sunshine, Imogen, Sharp Shooter, Octotavia, Queen Serenitatis (Serenity), Jake Bullet, Bubbles, Danger McSteele, Tim, Average Woona, Sir Awesome (lunoctopus), Seapony Bon Bon, Seapony Lyra, Brass Knuckles, Fins MacCool, Tony Shark, Crackers, Exuvia, Tumbler, and Pharate.
- ↑ "sorry i had to"
- ↑ look at the Russian on the wall
- ↑ "the graffiti tried to warn you woona"
- ↑ A Freudian Couch, to be exact
- ↑ in Average Woona Adventures
- ↑ 2nCO2+2nDH2