|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
[http:/monkeyofthedamned.com.com MonkeyoftheDamned] is a webcomic by Katherine Ramer. It is a gag-a-day comic, and generally does not have a continuing plotline or continuity (though there are occasional short story arcs). Many of the jokes are based on a sock monkey behaving badly: chopping things, training to become a Jedi, internet geekery, and being beautiful. There are a number of characters that make repeat appearances besides Monkey of the Damned himself. These include:
- Squishy, a bouncy and happy creautre that monkey finds particularly irritating.
- Sharklock Holmes, a shark who solves crime.
- Hippo of the Damned, a hippo that hates beauty and eats it.
- Elephant in a box, an elephant who will never fit into anything.
- A cadre of other creatures, including a badger, a giraffe, a flamingo, and a guinea fowl who are frequently beheaded.
Tropes used by this webcomic:
- Affectionate Parody: Author is a huge fan of all things scifi, and will occasionally have strips about Star Wars and The Matrix and other geeky things.
- Art Evolution: Compare the first 10 strips or so with the newer ones.
- Art Shift: A few strips actually shift up in terms of quality.
- Art Style Dissonance: It's surprisingly smart for its childish art style..
- Chop Chop Suey: The sock monkey wields a large butcher knife as his weapon of choice, and is frequently beheading everything.
- Comedic Sociopath: Monkey of the Damned!
- When Two Do The Same: Monkey and Giraffe search for Jedi Masters and the one, each deciding the other is a freak.