|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Two foster brothers work as transit cops. While one's life is as good as it gets, the other's is living a downward spiral. After losing his job, berated by his brother, and getting the crap kicked out of him by a loan shark, He implements a plan to steal the "money train," a train carrying the New York Subway's weekly revenue. A 90's movie starring Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson, and Jennifer Lopez.
This movie contains examples of:
- Salt and Pepper: Subverted. John is the straight laced fellow, while Charlie is the wild card.
- Love Triangle: John, Charlie, and Grace Santiago, respectively
- The Determinator: Donald "No one messes with my money train" Patterson, by far. To another extent, Charlie.
- The Gambling Addict: Charlie.
- Moral Event Horizon: Donald Patterson when he choose to possibly derail a passenger train just to stop the money train.
- Runaway Train: Oh, do tell.
- Asshole Victim: The chain snatcher early in the movie.
- Playing with Fire: Played straight by Chris Cooper's character, aptly named "Torch".
- Billing Displacement: The movie wasn't billed as a trio of Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson, and Jennifer Lopez until after the nineties. Original billing: Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Charlie legitimately losing money to a pickpocketing old lady