|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
But I already knows... it's is right beneath my foots.
The basic plot involves the actions of one Mondo Agency to prevent "the president" from being assassinated. To do this, they send Agent-65386 to... well, it's not clear. Obstensibly, he's going to the president to make sure he's okay, but through the game, he must stop at various places and perform odd tasks, such as starting a machine the size of a skyscraper or killing seizure-inducing "natives" - or, as they are often called, LASER INDIANS!
In between levels -- or as they are now called "submissions", as in "sub-missions" -- there are monologues from the Boss, your superior within Mondo Agency. Instead of screaming about cancer, he tranquilly philosophizes and hints what the next "submission" will be like.
The ending involves finally reaching the President. His aide tells you not to push the buttons in front of the President; inexplicably, that's the only thing to do. Yes, it kills him. Once Agent-65386 returns, the Boss angrily fires him. The last moments of the game are the now Civilian-65385 walking down a path inscribed with the credits before entering a teleporter that closes the game.
And, yes, everyone still has a TV head. But they spin now.
It's going to have a sequel called Mondo Nation (Spoilered because some people don't want its name until it comes out). It's about fighting terrorism, and takes place in a world closer to our own, containing such wonders as fire and insects. Only it seems that it's a TV head that's on fire. Whatever. These games are hard to describe.
A Lets Play can be found here.
- Bottomless Magazines - Your gun can't run out of bullets. This is very comforting.
- Body Horror - The level "Terminal Illness"
- But Thou Must! - The last level.
- Fauxlosophic Narration - The Boss' ramblings in between missions lean towards this at times.
- Genre Busting
- Good Bad Translation - Once again intentional, and once again it supplements the inanity of the Boss's instructions nicely, leading to some lines that border on Ice Cream Koans.
- NOW GOT LOST!
- Heroic Mime - The Boss and some other people are the only ones to have dialogue.
- Incredibly Lame Pun - "Submission is death, and we must submit everyones!"
- Let's Play - There is one for both Mondo Medicals and Mondo Agency. The player is too stressed out after Massacre, so she has to get somebody else to continue playing, though the two (Deceased Crab and Madamluna) had already been L Ping them together and it was only after that level that the second player completely took over.
- Mind Screw - Everything. Especially the Agency's plan to avert the President's death. Did they have a psychic on their team? Were they trying to kill the president?
- One-Hit-Point Wonder - Every enemy is a one-hit kill.
- Speaking Simlish - Everyone. It's backward English.
- Stylistic Suck, again.
- Surreal Horror- Maybe just a little.
- TV Head Robot
- Xanatos Roulette - So, did anyone want the President dead? Well, maybe.