The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Anime First
- Celebrity Resemblance: Relena is modeled on Audrey Hepburn, right down to the Queen of the World dress being lifted directly from Roman Holiday.
- In interviews, the show's staff outright said that Heero is modeled on Japanese actress Yuki Uchida.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Heero Yuy's Voice Actor, Mark Hildreth, is a well known T.V Actor. Unfortunately, he won't return to the role due to some reception issues.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The first of many Gundam dubs by The Ocean Group, the voice actors would be used in other Gundam, anime, and western cartoons. And being one of the first, this is were many fans have heard the VA's before.
- One can't help but expect Trowa to ask all the girls to bear his children...
- Or Treize Khushrenada to bust out the Bakusaiga.
- Or Duo to start throwing superspeed demon punches.
- Or Catherine Bloom to start chucking sacred arrows. There are a lot of these, aren't there?
- Or Zechs to get upset that the Gundams power level is OVER 9000!!!
- Dorothy is either an awesome Colonel or a baby dragon.
- Quatre goes on to play several major roles in the Gundam franchise, and latter as Kira (Not the Gundam one).
- Mythology Gag: Classic Gundam series get a few subtle nods, such as the Newtype "flash" sound being used a few times. Worth noting because in early drafts, Wu Fei was a Newtype. In episode 41, the blonde female cannon operator aboard Barge bears a resemblance to Sayla Mass.
- There's the date, April 7th. Within the series, this was when the original Heero Yuy was assassinated in AC 175, when Relena was born on AC 180, and on AC 195, when Operation Meteor was launched. In the real world, April 7th was when Gundam Wing was first broadcast on Japanese television in 1995, and when Mobile Suit Gundam was first broadcast on Japanese television in 1979.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Trowa is named after Tim Burton, whom director Masashi Ikeda is a big fan of.
- In-universe, Heero Yuy is named after the pacifist leader of the colonies. Out-of-universe, his name was designed to be evocative of Amuro Ray.
- Shout-Out: A rather surprising one, at that; according to Word of God, Zechs' mask is modeled on the one from Phantom of the Paradise.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: There are several references to The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy Catalonia and her gold-plated vehicles, the organization OZ (whose emblem is a lion), the Specials' emblem looking like the Tin Woodsman's head in profile, and, in episode 34, the OZ commander's callsign is "Scarecrow 5".
- In episode 38, the screen pan to the caged animals in the circus: a lion, a tiger and a bear. (Oh my!)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.