The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Base Breaker: Ghinias Saharin. Either you think of him as a Complete Monster, a Tragic Monster / Jerkass Woobie, or a Draco in Leather Pants. There's NOTHING in between.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Chihiro Yonekura's Arashi no naka e Kagayaite, the first OP.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Norris Packard is an honorable old soldier who is as loyal as he is awesome, and that's why we love him despite him getting relatively little screen time.
- Memetic Badass: Norris Packard.
- Memetic Mutation: Space Aids.
- Nightmare Fuel: Your Mech has been disabled and its sensors destroyed, leaving you trapped in the coffin-like cockpit, completely blind as to what's going on outside, while you are absolutely aware that the enemy ace is standing right there ready to kill you like he has the last three opponents he faced in the last ten minutes. Nothing happens. Cue minor Freak-Out.
- And then there was the wonderful time where you bear witness to the gas attacks as seen in Gihrens Greed.
- As Ghinias loses his sanity and his health declines as well, he becomes more and more unhinged. For some, this makes him utterly dispicable; for others, it makes him tragic. There's no discussion on how creepy it is, and Show Hayami's superb voice acting does not help.
- Ron the Death Eater: Ginias is no saint, but some fans seem to think being a backstabbing, Axe Crazy murderer also makes him the sole person who should take the blame for what happened to the Keregeren (even though Colonel Lyers is the one who chose to shoot that in retaliation instead of the Apsaras), physically and sexually abusive of Aina, worse than Giren Zabi and Char Aznable combined, and completely incapable and devoid of any genuine concern or love for anyone (which contradicts many of his scenes with Aina early in the series). He's a terrible person, but there's no need to condemn him for things he didn't actually do.
- The Scrappy: both Ginias and Michel get a fair share of hate from most of the fandom. The former for his villainy, the latter for being perceived as a whiny and inexperienced kid.
- Strangled by the Red String: Aina and Shiro. Meeting each other once in space was all it took for Shiro and Aina to get hooked between one another.
- The Woobie: Michel
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.